Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dliv

join:2010-03-29
Lutherville Timonium, MD
reply to metalunna

Re: Center Channel Static/Popping on Some Channels

I've had the same problem also with HBO and Max. I played a Blu-ray to make sure it wasn't my receiver and got no static or popping...So it must be those two networks with the issue.

metalunna

join:2003-06-16
Clifton, NJ
kudos:1
Unfortunately I'm still getting it. Is so bad on some of the hbo and max channels that I can't even watch it.

I tried another cable box..ran a new cable..changed the splitter. I even tried an old receiver. Btw..im using a toslink cale..swapped that too. Same thing in the same spots of the movie..loud scratching and popping.

I read somewhere to turn off dynamic audio..I had mine set to High..I made the change yesterday, and it's still there but it seems more muffled..or maybe I'm just crazy (actually, I know I am).

I haven't called Verizon on it because I don't want to go through all the same old steps and eventually wipe out my router and cable box settings. Everything else on my fios line works fine. I just have to live with not watching Die Hard 2 for the 300th time. I'm just going to make a huge assumption is coming in with the source.

Seeing that others have the Mae problem just makes my assumption more valid.