San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to Crusty

Re: Time-Warner for the Win!

said by Crusty:

That's an insane price for that slow of a speed. I was paying a mere $5 more than that nearly a decade ago.

I've never seen Internet sold for a mere $5 a month, ever; not even dial-up. An online service called, "GEnie" ("General Electric network for information exchange") was once available via dial-up for $5 a month; but that was about twenty years ago, and not the TCP/IP Internet we now have. And definitely not 1.5 mb/s.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

PaulHikeS2

join:2003-03-06
Fitchburg, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by NormanS:

said by Crusty:

That's an insane price for that slow of a speed. I was paying a mere $5 more than that nearly a decade ago.

I've never seen Internet sold for a mere $5 a month, ever; not even dial-up. An online service called, "GEnie" ("General Electric network for information exchange") was once available via dial-up for $5 a month; but that was about twenty years ago, and not the TCP/IP Internet we now have. And definitely not 1.5 mb/s.

He didn't say $5/month. He said $5 more than "that": "that" being $20/month. Therefore, $25/month. The initial reading was unclear, though. I had to read it twice.
--
Jay: What the @#$% is the internet???

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
said by PaulHikeS2:

He didn't say $5/month. He said $5 more than "that" ...

Yes, I see that now. Even so, 12 years ago there was no HSI provider offering service in the south S.F. Bay Area, that I know of, for under $40 a month; certainly not either of the incumbents.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum