Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to koira

Premium Member

to koira

Re: ok a strange topic: Dissolving Grandma. Part Deux

said by koira:

yes jaberi, the sharing or settlement of a will is a very complicated question. such as if there are others contesting the will, or other legal proceedings there is no time limit for closure. probate is a separate topic, the will can go to probate which is acceptance by the courts taht this is the final will but actual distribution and settlement can be delayed by those who feel they are entitled to a share. each case is different. do some research on line , there is a lot of examples and if you need to get specific consult a lawyer. you can get some initial consultation at little or no cost refer to The Law Society of Upper Canada

When I did IT work at a law firm, there were wills that hadn't been fully and completely settled well over a decade after the person died. It's not like they show on TV where someone puts in a video tape and everyone walks away with their kit. Sometimes it can take a very long time.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira

Premium Member

said by Gone:

said by koira:

yes jaberi, the sharing or settlement of a will is a very complicated question. such as if there are others contesting the will, or other legal proceedings there is no time limit for closure. probate is a separate topic, the will can go to probate which is acceptance by the courts taht this is the final will but actual distribution and settlement can be delayed by those who feel they are entitled to a share. each case is different. do some research on line , there is a lot of examples and if you need to get specific consult a lawyer. you can get some initial consultation at little or no cost refer to The Law Society of Upper Canada

When I did IT work at a law firm, there were wills that hadn't been fully and completely settled well over a decade after the person died. It's not like they show on TV where someone puts in a video tape and everyone walks away with their kit. Sometimes it can take a very long time.

let me say this in simple terms, if you think you got something coming to you don't count on it