All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rendrenner
join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI

rendrenner

Same 'wrong ' content on two different channels.

Currently my guide shows Moneyball playing on Starz HD running from 9-1115pm and Colombiana on Encore HD running from 920 - 1110pm. Both channels are actually broadcasting 'Father of Invention'. Both channels are at the same point in the movie.

The SD version of those same channels are showing the correct content.

I do not have any other channel showing this show playing. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

1 recommendation

beachintech

Premium Member

No
rendrenner
Grandville, MI

rendrenner

thanks. must be local.
headend wont answer phone.
rendrenner

1 edit

rendrenner

odd. they both just fixed themselves... kinda.
I watch the end of the wrong movie to see what would tease next. Both channels as soon as the credits ended, rewinded the progam at a pretty quick speed for about a minute stopped, then showed another 30 seconds of the program. Encore then dumped out to Colombiana, syncing up with the SD channel at the correct point into the movie.
Starz did the same thing with Moneyball, however in the middle of the screen it showed text saying " Next: Moneyball".

see someting new everyday
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to rendrenner

to rendrenner
both dish and directv hit as well.

»www.dbstalk.com/showthre ··· t=210866
rendrenner
Grandville, MI

rendrenner

Thanks for the link. Found this one as well

»www.ranchomurieta.com/gr ··· -problem

That one specifically mentions guide not matching currently playing program.
I never would have noticed it, but was channel surfing and for me Starz HD and Encore HD are adjencent channel numbers. All seems well now.

Bach
Premium Member
join:2002-02-16
Flint, MI

Bach to rendrenner

Premium Member

to rendrenner
Not the exact same problem, but last night while surfing the channels from a standard-definition box about 11 PM, Starz Comedy (375 SD on our local system) was running the movie not scheduled to show until 11:30, then around 11:15 it was back to the correct movie.

mike34
Premium Member
join:2004-07-17
Central City, PA
Netgear CM500V
Asus RT-AC68

mike34 to rendrenner

Premium Member

to rendrenner
Must have been a far reaching network problem last night. All the Encore channels were an hour ahead of what should have been airing. Plus Encore HD and SD were different from each other.

I'm in Pa.

Haven't turned the TV on this AM but my guess is it's been corrected.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

gar187er to rendrenner

to rendrenner
said by rendrenner:

thanks. must be local.

ummm wut?

direct line?????
The Q
join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

The Q to Joe12345678

to Joe12345678
A poster at the DBSTalk site that Joe12345678 linked in his post above mentioned that the following was posted on the Starz Encore Facebook page last night.

"Starz Entertainment's premium channels experienced an unexpected service disruption during operational maintenance. Service has been restored to the company's 17 channels in most national systems, and we are working diligently to return to our regularly scheduled programming across the full suite of channels. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Appears to be a national problem from the source that is now resolved.
rendrenner
Grandville, MI

rendrenner to gar187er

to gar187er
said by gar187er:

said by rendrenner:

thanks. must be local.

ummm wut?

direct line?????

Your head end doesnt have a phone?
Couriant
join:2012-10-29
Peoria, AZ

Couriant to The Q

to The Q
It's not the first time this has happened. Encore had this issue about 2 weeks ago where it was showing the same movie on all Encore channels including the SD.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er to rendrenner

to rendrenner
not a public inbound phone.
rendrenner
Grandville, MI

rendrenner

ah. ours has a normal phone system there. (may be CDV). they can be called from any landline. I hate using it though, since you cant really hear the person on the other end. Always too much background noise from all the equipment running.