uniqs
share rss forum feed

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

re:Piracy site Newzbin2 gives up and closes 15 months after

Copyright infringers claim that domain blocks have no effect because they can always be circumvented. They are right that blocks can be circumvented. They are wrong about there being no effect on the site blocked. Eventually the infringers go elsewhere. The xxAAs can then continue to always go after the top sites facilitating infringement in order to make infringing inconvenient. More, except the diehards, will pay when options are available.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
said by FFH5:

in order to make infringing inconvenient

Let me know when this happens.

Having been in the scene for a while I can tell you its never been easier or safer.

File lockers (DDL sites) have taken over the piracy scene and I don't ever seen them going away. When megaupload left us, about 5 more major ( and better ) ones came immediately on the scene ( ryushare, rapidgator, bitshare, netload, ect......)

Wilsdom

join:2009-08-06
reply to FFH5
Paying is not an alternative to piracy. They are really two different products. Sure, the government can cause popularity to shift within the pirate market just like it causes vicious drug wars by shutting down dominant cartels, but it's not like people switch to beer.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to FFH5
the problem in fighting piracy is that their methods are wrong. They think forcing me to watch FBI warnings and anti-piracy PSAs that cannot be skipped encourages me to not pirate. When if I had pirated it I would be watching the movie right away.

the MAFIAA needs to learn I did not buy the DVD/Blu-Ray to see the previews, commercials and piracy PSAs. I got it to put it in and watch the damned film.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports