uniqs

mythology
Premium Member
join:2002-10-16
Seneca, SC

3 recommendations

mythology

Premium Member

Print Ad I did that appear in 4wd magazine.

Did it entirely in Corel Photopaint. What ya think?

»i.imgur.com/Pxv5C.jpg

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion

MVM

Very nice, congratulations!

Kathy_9
Premium Member
join:2005-05-15
Cloud 9

Kathy_9 to mythology

Premium Member

to mythology
Nice!! Congrats!!

badd
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR

badd to mythology

Premium Member

to mythology
Nice work

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ

dolphins to mythology

Premium Member

to mythology
Doh! Never mind I see the web address in the pic.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay to mythology

MVM

to mythology
Very nice work. Did it take you long?

mythology
Premium Member
Seneca, SC

mythology

Premium Member

2 - 3 hours. Most of the time were edits from my employer. I had the actual image done in less than a hour. They tend to make me change minor things that require me to rework entire layers.

Say like a couple months ago I had a request of "Make me a Ad featuring this". I`ll get the dimensions and I`ll do the work from there. Three weeks later they come back and say "You know that Ad you did last month, We need each individual object and text exported as such so the advertiser can make it "pop". Of course I didnt save each object so I had to go back and recreate each object individually so it could be turned into a flash banner. I made it clear after that if they need a flash banner to say so - A whole lot easier on me to just create it in flash myself.

I have since stopped using Corel and moved on to Adobe PS CS5. Im not a Photoshop pro yet but I could make the this Ad alot cleaner in Photoshop now.

This particular Ad I got paid 30 bucks. Hardly pays for the software I`m providing but I`m hoping the work experience pays off in the end.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ

dolphins

Premium Member

I'm interested in how much you charge, hourly or per job? I really enjoy creating graphic art as a hobby and I have already done some freelance work for an amateur photographer who recently started hiring herself out for weddings, graduations, etc. So far I haven't done anything all that complicated or intricate and I haven't excepted anything in return for the work.

I'm thinking about putting together a portfolio of the work I've done and maybe take on some paying gigs?

mythology
Premium Member
Seneca, SC

1 edit

mythology

Premium Member

said by dolphins:

I'm interested in how much you charge, hourly or per job? I really enjoy creating graphic art as a hobby and I have already done some freelance work for an amateur photographer who recently started hiring herself out for weddings, graduations, etc. So far I haven't done anything all that complicated or intricate and I haven't excepted anything in return for the work.

I'm thinking about putting together a portfolio of the work I've done and maybe take on some paying gigs?

Asking the wrong person really. I could make more money at Mcdonalds. I like to think of my current employment as an intership. Will be 2 years this spring and I`m kind of in the same boat you are.