pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
reply to espaeth

Re: [Speed] [BUSINESS CLASS] 12/2 or 22 Tier After Upgrade

Oh it's slightly better, but instead of a sawtooth it looks more like random spikes although the amplitude is tighter, yes.

If they don't fix it, I think I will reevaluate whether I want to be a customer, especially since the people I've been talking to have never indicated they would NOT fix it and I would consider that extremely disingenuous of them to string me along if a fix is not coming at some point.
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

NetFixer
From my cold dead hands
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

1 recommendation

said by pflog:

Oh it's slightly better, but instead of a sawtooth it looks more like random spikes although the amplitude is tighter, yes.

If they don't fix it, I think I will reevaluate whether I want to be a customer, especially since the people I've been talking to have never indicated they would NOT fix it and I would consider that extremely disingenuous of them to string me along if a fix is not coming at some point.

Since the erratic behavior that you and others are seeing seems to only be happening with the business class gateway boxes, perhaps that problem will be fixed when Comcast releases IPv6 firmware upgrades for the gateway boxes (but don't hold your breath while waiting for the IPv6 firmware).
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3

said by NetFixer:

said by pflog:

Since the erratic behavior that you and others are seeing seems to only be happening with the business class gateway boxes, perhaps that problem will be fixed when Comcast releases IPv6 firmware upgrades for the gateway boxes (but don't hold your breath while waiting for the IPv6 firmware).

Yes, at this point, I am assuming that is the hold up. That or I heard a rumor of a "forklift" of Cisco equipment to be replaced by an "A" vendor (assuming Arris). Either way, sounds like it's going to be like this for months yet, and I wish they'd just provide a rough ETA. But then their customers would know it's not operating properly and then they'd have to shell out credits. Luckily for me I logged a call as soon as I noticed this problem and I will be sure to request some sort of compensation for this.
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

plat2on1

join:2002-08-21
Hopewell Junction, NY

1 recommendation

said by pflog:

said by NetFixer:

said by pflog:

Yes, at this point, I am assuming that is the hold up. That or I heard a rumor of a "forklift" of Cisco equipment to be replaced by an "A" vendor (assuming Arris). Either way, sounds like it's going to be like this for months yet, and I wish they'd just provide a rough ETA. But then their customers would know it's not operating properly and then they'd have to shell out credits. Luckily for me I logged a call as soon as I noticed this problem and I will be sure to request some sort of compensation for this.

a rough ETA wouldn't be any good anyway, they already provided one for ipv6 on cisco and that came and went.

mario02423

join:2004-06-09
Berwyn, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast

Received a letter from the Executive Response folks today... it was dated Dec 26 and post-marked Dec 28. Said something to the effect of "our efforts to contact you have remained unanswered" and, the kicker, "if we don't hear from you by 12/29, we will consider this resolved." Oh... I forgot to mention that I received this letter today, 12/31...

The number listed on the letter is the standard 800 Business Class line. This is so ridiculous.

plat2on1

join:2002-08-21
Hopewell Junction, NY

said by mario02423:

Received a letter from the Executive Response folks today... it was dated Dec 26 and post-marked Dec 28. Said something to the effect of "our efforts to contact you have remained unanswered" and, the kicker, "if we don't hear from you by 12/29, we will consider this resolved." Oh... I forgot to mention that I received this letter today, 12/31...

The number listed on the letter is the standard 800 Business Class line. This is so ridiculous.

the executive support people face penalties for having open tickets so they just close them unresolved. unbelievably frustrating.

mario02423

join:2004-06-09
Berwyn, IL

How high can I go? I mean, I mailed it to "Executive Department," but I got a call back from the same people. Current contract cancellation puts me at about ~$850 right now.