spc
uniqs
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to brentos

to brentos

Re: Why is Optimum Holding Back Android App

Says "Watch on Phone" on my Android app. I checked on BBC World News's info page. I'm guessing you're getting some cached info from the KF app.
rocafellanrd
join:2009-05-04

rocafellanrd

Please post the Optimum App for Android .apk

It was released on 11/28/2012. If you try to search for the app in the Gplay market it doesn't show up, but managed to find the direct url on xda.

They just released the optimum app for Android to limited devices here............

»play.google.com/store/ap ··· y.mobile

I am using a Nexus S. The app is not compatible. Hopefully someone has a device that is. If you can, please download it and export the .apk file here please. Been waiting for this app for a while.

I thought it would have been released a lot earlier, but I guess they pushed it back a long time.

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat
join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY

2 edits

momcat1

Well, isn't that wonderful. Of the 4 Androids I have ever registered on Play, the only one it's listed as available for is the device that was stolen, I no longer have. Come on, already!

So I found the .apk, and tried it on my Galaxy Nexus (Jelly Bean) and it works.

I found a second version, and that one does work on the Vizio Vtab. It's a little choppy and the file size is larger than the one that works on the Galaxy.

I would have liked the experience better if Opt just broke down and made it available, without my having to sneak around to find it. A value added item to help me justify the crazy price we pay them.
EO50
join:2005-01-23
united state

EO50

said by momcat1:

So I found the .apk, and tried it on my Galaxy Nexus (Jelly Bean) and it works.

Thats cool. Where did you find the .apk? I'd like to try it on my HTC EVO 4G. Thanks.

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat
join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY

momcat1

search on xda-developers.com. there are 2 version linked there, in different threads
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

So it works on my rooted Nook Tablet. Now if only Cablevision would release it "for real".
m2deux
join:2004-12-13
Copiague, NY

m2deux

Unsupported on my Acer A100. Message on startup says I have to download the newest version and then only gives me the option to download the DVR remote app. Why can't the app just disable HDMI out like disabling monitor out on my laptop?