ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:10
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to EricPost7

Re: Possible To Go From DSL 6.0 to Uverse 6.0?

You can certainly change from traditional ADSL to U-Verse ADSL2+ or VDSL2, even at the same speeds

I have done many installs where this is the case, including today (traditional ADSL 6.0 Elite to U-Verse VDSL2 6.0 Elite)

I would try contacting sales again @ 800.288.2020, and if you continue to have no luck, try either a Direct forum post here, or contact the AT&T Social Media Support Team @ uversecare@att.com

I have also done Business class installations at residences, so I know that is possible as well. You may have to call the Small Business Sales number (888.944.0447) instead of the Residential Sales number

Have you tried ordering U-Verse Internet online @ uverse.att.com? Might give that a shot as well to place the order. It also gives you the option there for Residential/Business as you do the availability check

As far as max speeds available on U-Verse (and it sounds like yours would be IPDSLAM ADSL2+ U-Verse), you would have to get installed first, and then see if faster speeds are available based on your new modem sync rates. Sometimes the databases are wrong and faster speeds are available, but that certainly is not all the time