how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LFHC

join:2012-11-04
Collinsville, VA

Business Class

I have tried to find more information but could not. If anyone has had business class, do you receive a priority of connection for example if in the evening if there is a slow down would the business connection be less affected? also does anyone know the business price for 10 or 25 mbps connection

ydoucare

join:2003-03-12
Lafayette, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
said by LFHC:

I have tried to find more information but could not. If anyone has had business class, do you receive a priority of connection for example if in the evening if there is a slow down would the business connection be less affected? also does anyone know the business price for 10 or 25 mbps connection

No, you don't have priority over anyone. Been down that road already back when CTL had a bandwidth shortage in my town. Had 700+ ms ping in the evenings for weeks, which was the same as residential connections. Not sure on price.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to LFHC
I don't know if Business lines get any priority over others. I have a 10mb Business DSL circuit in a residential area. I don't seem to be affected by the evening congestion. It could be due to a fiber-fed DSLAM, a low number of connections to the DSLAM, or a combination of the two. Under the Core-Connect program, a 10mb DSL circuit and a Phone Line runs about $85 per month with a three year commitment.

joebleed

join:2002-05-28
Tarboro, NC
reply to LFHC
Ours seems to hold up better when other places have outages around us. Not always though. However, you should consider the fact it is for an actual business in the local industrial park area with static ip addresses. That probably has more to do with it than being slated as business class.

What sucks is we just opened a new plant next door. got 10mb service for a slightly cheaper price as we're currently paying for 5mb here. they would not let us upgrade the old plant for the same price. they quoted 185 or something like that if i remember correctly. I think we're paying around 80 ish for the 10mb next door. You'd think they'd cut is a brake as we have a pri circuit for our voice. It's not like they're not making any money off of us.

LFHC

Collinsville, VA
reply to billaustin
hmmm well for that price just for 10 meg and no assurance that your connection if prioritized it seems better to just go with residential service which is what I have we have upgrades going on now and should be able to get 25 mbps I dont think there will be a problem with congestion I do like that there is a faster repair response though.

Technicholas
Premium
join:2010-11-11
Winterset, IA
reply to LFHC
In Qwest markets the business class and residential class are the same. They are on the same DSLAM and everything.

LFHC

Collinsville, VA
I know its all on the same DSLAM but you would think that with business class there would be a SLA saying your speeds should not drop under so and so percentage of your connection rate. But honestly I am still considering it for just the faster response for repair, I had comcast business connection for awhile and it was about 3:00 AM and my connection went down within an hour a tech was out to fix it .I dont know if centurylink is that fast though.

sestrada

join:2012-11-05
reply to LFHC
We had business class with a a bunch of static ips at work and I had a business class dsl line next to my residence dsl at home.

Priority?

We never got priority anything and got rid of the business class service a couple of years ago when the company was still Embarq.

It had the same repair people, same service troubles, and no rdns for the static ips. But the price was a lot higher.

What was really bad was the stuff that went on with nebuad and sandvine intercepting and eavesdropping on traffic.

»DNS Redirection

»We demand true and correct DNS servers

»Unhappy Business Customer

»Congress Now Eyes Embarq's Use Of NebuAD

sestrada

join:2012-11-05
reply to LFHC
The /29 was $189/mo

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
ouch!

ydoucare

join:2003-03-12
Lafayette, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 edit
reply to LFHC
said by LFHC:

I know its all on the same DSLAM but you would think that with business class there would be a SLA saying your speeds should not drop under so and so percentage of your connection rate.

You would think, but Centurylink does not run their business in any sort of logical manner.