The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO

The Dv8or

Premium Member

David Wright signed

Including 2013, deal is 8 years, 138 mil. 17.25M AAV. Very fair deal for both sides.

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57

Premium Member

said by The Dv8or:

Very fair deal for both sides.

Then I suppose the Mets expect him to feed his family on that?

The Dv8or
Premium Member
Denver, CO
ARRIS TG862
Cisco 2811
TP-Link Archer AX10

The Dv8or

Premium Member

said by AB57:

said by The Dv8or:

Very fair deal for both sides.

Then I suppose the Mets expect him to feed his family on that?

It's David Wright. The polar opposite of Latrell Sprewell.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to The Dv8or

Premium Member

to The Dv8or
said by The Dv8or:

Including 2013, deal is 8 years, 138 mil. 17.25M AAV. Very fair deal for both sides.

These salaries are insane. Don't blame the players for getting them. But mgt is nuts for paying that much. And the fans get screwed. Costs $300 for a family of 4 to go to a game to cover parking, seats, food.

The Dv8or
Premium Member
Denver, CO
ARRIS TG862
Cisco 2811
TP-Link Archer AX10

The Dv8or

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

said by The Dv8or:

These salaries are insane. Don't blame the players for getting them. But mgt is nuts for paying that much. And the fans get screwed. Costs $300 for a family of 4 to go to a game to cover parking, seats, food.

In what world does it cost $300 for a family of 4? Maybe if you want to completely ignore any price-saving measures and sit in the rich seats. You can get Met tickets for $5 apiece, parking is free, and you can bring your own food. A reasonable family of 4 can do this whole trip for about $50-60. But I guess we can't stop you from "hey, let me inflate the number to an astronomical amount and then bitch about it!".

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

Phillies Citizens Bank Park

Parking $15

Avg seat $30, but usually unavailable. Must go to StubHub to buy seats from season ticket holders where seats cost $40 to $50 for worst seats.

Food: $10 for a hot dog and soda

AZ_OGM
join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ

AZ_OGM to The Dv8or

to The Dv8or
For me to go to a D-Backs game at Chase Field:

$3.50 for a round trip on Light Rail
$30-40 for lower bowl tickets between the foul poles
$10.50 for 24 oz. craft beer (no Bud Light for me)
I usually bring in my own peanuts or buy a value dog for $1.50.
Never saw the logic of paying $6 for the same D-Back dog they sell at Circle K for 99 cents.

The Dv8or
Premium Member
Denver, CO

The Dv8or to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
Philly's park is sold out for the season? Jeez.

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

At the end of the 2011 season I was able to get tickets to the Mets vs Braves doubleheader for 1 dollar on stubhub!

I don't understand how the Mets are raising ticket prices for the 2013 season. The Mets will be lucky to win 74 games again.

Back on topic. It is a great signing for the Mets. They could not pull another Reyes. Sure the Mets overpaid a bit but that's what you have to do sometimes to keep the homegrown player and it's fans happy. Wright will no doubt own all the Mets hitting records, and if he continues to produce could be a HOF player. Let's just hope the Mets are right about contending by 2014/2015.

The Dv8or
Premium Member
Denver, CO

The Dv8or

Premium Member

Wright is a lot more valuable than Reyes based on attitude alone. I always thought the Mets would let go of Reyes and keep Wright. Wright is also a lot more promising for long term health.

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

I agree, but if they had no intentions of signing him they should of traded him away.

The Dv8or
Premium Member
Denver, CO
ARRIS TG862
Cisco 2811
TP-Link Archer AX10

The Dv8or

Premium Member

said by MuDvAyNe:

I agree, but if they had no intentions of signing him they should of traded him away.

As long as he was leading the batting race, it wasnt gonna happen. They were fucked either way.

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Gary, Ziggy, Max.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-20
La La Land

JRW2 to MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

to MuDvAyNe
said by MuDvAyNe:

Let's just hope the Mets are right about contending by 2014/2015.

Considering the recent trade, not likely to happen, unless they go on an acquisition spree similar to the Blue Jays...

The Dv8or
Premium Member
Denver, CO
ARRIS TG862
Cisco 2811
TP-Link Archer AX10

The Dv8or

Premium Member

said by JRW2:

said by MuDvAyNe:

Let's just hope the Mets are right about contending by 2014/2015.

Considering the recent trade, not likely to happen, unless they go on an acquisition spree similar to the Blue Jays...

Theyre gonna have a killer rotation in those years once Harvey and Wheeler start to mature. Nimmo should be up by then, and d'Arnaud should have some good big league experience. Thats a hell of a core, and with the money freed up in 2014, you can bring in some worthy free agents.