share rss forum feed

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
reply to Badonkadonk

Re: [WIN8] 40 million licenses of Windows 8 in one month

said by Badonkadonk:

I simply asked if you can support "dubious quality" because that isn't something that's been raised before.

Okay, I understand your question on my terminology. I'll try to adapt to what I've read and think I understand, even though this may really need to be extended to the security forum not sales topics, and I'll use recent topics, not 10 month old topics.

While it seems they have tried to clear up bad past experiences, it still does not address certain concerns. Certification being the main one. They should have looked it over and moved away for signed software or at least worked with approaching it differently.

Here is a couple of links and the rest only time will produce; remember it is closed code, not open source; please don't ask me to go there either.

»www.theregister.co.uk/2012/09/25···t_ready/
»www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenbe···easures/
»www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/01···already/
»threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/vupen···t-110112
»VUPEN has 0-day exploit for Windows 8 & IE 10
»www.pcworld.com/article/2013512/···les.html

Some may say these are all hype. The facts are all recent versions of Windows have exploits ready at release and the comments are - "we will see". Some of the non-fixed issues in Windows 7 and the super cheap sales of Windows 8 has me more curious than any previous flavor - speculation on my behalf....

I wish I didn't use those words because for me to produce proof this early, well it is not possible at my level. Time will tell.

This is so way off topic it is ridiculous, I apologize for that and understand if mods delete it all.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke