chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to itsmeagain

Premium Member

to itsmeagain

Re: What a Missed Opportunity

yup they have a lot low priced smart phones I got a iPhone from them for free a little while back.
theeinstein
Premium Member
join:2003-07-31
Fernandina Beach, FL

theeinstein to Skippy25

Premium Member

to Skippy25
Lets just be clear...simply working for a financial company doesn't make you more secure... I have on numerous accounts had to stop multiple "financial institutions" from sending my data via email. People are extremely lazy and poorly trained so unless the institution has put in place a policy and method to scan emails looking for secure data and stop it...its still happening.

People are lazy and ignorant.. point blank..

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson to TBBroadband

Premium Member

to TBBroadband
I know a few people with iden boost and they are just telling them to buy a new phone or lose service in June.
NiteSn0w
join:2010-12-24

NiteSn0w

Probably because boost is prepaid and it's not worth Sprint's time to work for money that they can't guarantee via a contract.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

said by NiteSn0w:

Probably because boost is prepaid and it's not worth Sprint's time to work for money that they can't guarantee via a contract.

Yeah, that's exactly why. But, in answering the OP's question I also implied as you said. Sprint isn't worrying about the prepaid subs.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

Sprint can't guarantee service even with a contract though. But it comes down to pissing off their customers that give them a positive cash flow with no right offs. Sprint's Prepaid Group brings in a huge mount of $$$ just like the MVNO side. They can't afford to piss off any large mount of customers.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

That is absolutely true but they are offering their contract subs 99 cent phones etc. Sprint from what I've seen is not offering any incentive to convert to CDMA. I do wonder how many boost subs are still on iden though. I know alot of people that bought cdma phones because it was an upgrade a long time ago. These subs may very well go somewhere else since they have to pay full price for a phone anyways.
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

They really aren't offering any incentive, except not being charge the $10 fee to keep the iDEN network operating. And Sprint has even said "a rate plan that is similar", which means you'll most likely pay more. I'm sure those that are still on the Free Incoming plans will be sure to leave due to Sprint NOT being able to offer something "similar". That package was a HUGE hit when it came out. Free incoming, 300 out going, nights and weekends at 7pm, for $40, unless you got them to get it down to $35 (which was a promo at one time). I spoke to several people in a Sprint Corp store a few days ago and they were STILL on that plan with Nextel's side. They were in their raising hell over the $10 charge. I left before things got ugly and later seen them down at T-Mobile signing up (this was in the mall).

I do know that First Energy Corp and some areas of NiSource still use iDEN and have thousands of phones. I'm sure they'll be one of the first to leave if they're hit with the $10 per phone fee. Also LF Ventures, aka Lowe's uses iDEN as well. Another big hit if they have to pay full price or close to it for their fleet of delivery trucks.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to Terabit

Premium Member

to Terabit
said by Terabit:

Sprint's not renowned for making smart businesses decisions. Like you said, give them a choice of free handsets, or discounted for the better models, and move them off the network.

They're going to lose customers and they're dragging their feet on being able to use the spectrum. Then again, this is the epitome of Sprint - Coming Soon.

The Nextel merger was a complete disaster for both companies.
AVD

AVD to NiteSn0w

Premium Member

to NiteSn0w
said by NiteSn0w:

Are you going to move off of iDEN and onto Sprint PTT?

who uses PTT anymore? I don't see it.
AVD

AVD to NiteSn0w

Premium Member

to NiteSn0w
said by NiteSn0w:

plus just as in real life, bost has been slowly migrating people away from ptt.
AVD

AVD to taraf

Premium Member

to taraf
said by taraf:

but there will always be people who think that their existing device is good enough, and who will refuse to upgrade until you force them to.

some customers have hundreds if not thousands of devices.
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to AVD

to AVD
The merger was a disaster for both due to Sprint not knowing what to do with another network. They should have left them alone and operate and slowly move people over.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by TBBroadband:

The merger was a disaster for both due to Sprint not knowing what to do with another network. They should have left them alone and operate and slowly move people over.

I thought that is what they did.
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to AVD

to AVD
First Energy Corp, Dominion Energy, DTE, LF Ventures aka Lowe's Companies. I can go on with many other companies that still use the service. And they went with it due to Sprint's half ass attempt long ago never worked.
TBBroadband

TBBroadband to AVD

to AVD
Nope! If they would have left them the way they were and operate as their own company, Nextel's reps would have still had a job, you wouldn't have had to talk to India for Nextel. And you would NOT have been able to move between the two companies.

Sprint gutted the company trying to cash in on the customers and in the end they went basically bankrupt and still never recovered from it. And this will hurt them even more. Japan can put all their money into Sprint right now and it still won't help them.