Premium Member
join:2002-11-08
Metropolis

Stem Bolt to komal

Premium Member

to komal

Re: Newzbin2 Closed Up

said by komal:

Instead of making the same whiny post with no evidence whatsoever, just post in the old thread instead of taking this one off-topic.
»Is nzbmatrix.com worth it?
And if you could have proven me wrong, you would have, but you failed to do so.
Repeating something doesn't make it true. Use your brain instead of parroting Nzbmatrix moderators.

You brought it up in this thread again, not me, "Nzbmatrix which is almost all user contributed NZBs" is your quote. I don't recall you providing any evidence that the majority of Nzbmatrix NZB's are user contributed. How would you go about proving/disproving that the majority of NZB's are user contributed? Other then getting the info from a MOD that helps run the site itself. They would know how their site works. The "Repeating something doesn't make it true" also applies to you.
komal
join:2003-02-16

komal

said by Stem Bolt:

said by komal:

Instead of making the same whiny post with no evidence whatsoever, just post in the old thread instead of taking this one off-topic.
»Is nzbmatrix.com worth it?
And if you could have proven me wrong, you would have, but you failed to do so.
Repeating something doesn't make it true. Use your brain instead of parroting Nzbmatrix moderators.

You brought it up in this thread again, not me, "Nzbmatrix which is almost all user contributed NZBs" is your quote. I don't recall you providing any evidence that the majority of Nzbmatrix NZB's are user contributed. How would you go about proving/disproving that the majority of NZB's are user contributed? Other then getting the info from a MOD that helps run the site itself. They would know how their site works. The "Repeating something doesn't make it true" also applies to you.

If you don't recall me posting any proof then go check the thread I linked to because that's where it was and you refused to address it when I posted it.
Like i said, try using your brain instead of repeating something somebody else said.
Or you could just accept anything you are told, I guess that saves you from having to think for yourself.
"Hey guys, somebody on the internet told me this so it must be true"
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 4twCK3_I

Stem Bolt
Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Premium Member
join:2002-11-08
Metropolis

4 edits

Stem Bolt to komal

Premium Member

to komal
said by komal:

If you don't recall me posting any proof then go check the thread I linked to because that's where it was and you refused to address it when I posted it.
Like i said, try using your brain instead of repeating something somebody else said.
Or you could just accept anything you are told, I guess that saves you from having to think for yourself.

I did check the thread and there was nothing you said that disproved (besides you just claiming it) that the majority of NZB's on Matrix are auto indexed by bots. How can I address something that never existed?

I don't understand why your are attacking me so personally in all this. In none of my post have I attacked you personally only your claim about auto indexing vs user contributed percentage.

The guys who said this are MODS and the admin who help run the site. Not some anonymous internet users.

The first 2-3 posts in the Matrix thread are slightly off topic but they start talking about the bots. One user posted that users were the only source of NZB's and no bots involved. Then in later posts he is corrected and it's stated by 2 MODS that it's both bots and users. The MOD's said around 90% were from bots the rest users. I don't see a real reason they would need to lie about it.

»nzbmatrix.com/forums.php ··· 0#550100
komal

komal

said by Stem Bolt:

said by komal:

I did check the thread and there was nothing you said that disproved (besides you just claiming it) that the majority of NZB's on Matrix are auto indexed by bots. How can I address something that never existed?

I don't understand why your are attacking me so personally in all this. In none of my post have I attacked you personally only your claim about auto indexing vs user contributed percentage.

The guys who said this are MODS and the admin who help run the site. Not some anonymous internet users.

The first 2-3 posts in the Matrix thread are slightly off topic but they start talking about the bots. One user posted that users were the only source of NZB's and no bots involved. Then in later posts he is corrected and it's stated by 2 MODS that it's both bots and users. The MOD's said around 90% were from bots the rest users. I don't see a real reason they would need to lie about it.

»nzbmatrix.com/forums.php ··· 0#550100

I pointed out obvious differences in search results between engines. You refused to address that then and still do now. Its why you won't go back to the old thread but would rather start it again because you know you can't prove your point.
All you can do is keep pointing to some quote on a forum which proves nothing.
Its truly laughable that you have no critical thinking skills and will just accept anything somebody says online.

If you want to tell me I'm wrong, do more than point to what somebody told you.

Otherwise you can just keep pretending that I never posted any searches/proof of my claims and keep whining about how you were told this and it must be true.

Newzbin was by far the most complete search engine before it went down.

In any case, I'm tired of responding to you. It becomes rather pointless when you have the exact same response each time and just keep repeating yourself.

"But somebody told me" isn't much of an argument but you can keep repeating it if that's all you want to do.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

1 recommendation

swintec

Premium Member

said by komal:

"But somebody told me" isn't much of an argument...

I dont care one way or the other, but you said several times in the previous thread:
said by komal:

If Nzbmatrix is automated, the automation sucks.

said by komal:

Either the Nzbmatrix people are exaggerating/lying or their automation is a failure.

said by komal:

doesn't matter what the forums say, the fact is you can simply prove that the automation is either a lie or a failure.

Were you 100% sure yourself, previously?

Do they have automation and it is a poor implementation of it or is automation completely non-existent? I dont think simple search results between the two services is a definitive answer one way or the other. Reminds me of the days when search engines popped up all over the place. Some were obviously much better than others. All were automated, results were given differently, sites didnt always get indexed as they should. possibly the case here?

I think the disagreement here is that we have a staff member of the Matrix saying one thing and a user raising legitimate claims with just simple search results between two indexers, which again, doesnt necessarily prove anything 100%..just that the matrix is lacking in some form.
komal

komal

said by swintec:

said by komal:

"But somebody told me" isn't much of an argument...

I dont care one way or the other, but you said several times in the previous thread:
said by komal:

If Nzbmatrix is automated, the automation sucks.

said by komal:

Either the Nzbmatrix people are exaggerating/lying or their automation is a failure.

said by komal:

doesn't matter what the forums say, the fact is you can simply prove that the automation is either a lie or a failure.

Were you 100% sure yourself, previously?

Do they have automation and it is a poor implementation of it or is automation completely non-existent? I dont think simple search results between the two services is a definitive answer one way or the other. Reminds me of the days when search engines popped up all over the place. Some were obviously much better than others. All were automated, results were given differently, sites didnt always get indexed as they should. possibly the case here?

I think the disagreement here is that we have a staff member of the Matrix saying one thing and a user raising legitimate claims with just simple search results between two indexers, which again, doesnt necessarily prove anything 100%..just that the matrix is lacking in some form.

It is pretty easy to prove.

Look at some of the popular newsgroups that Nzbmatrix definitely does focus on, like alt.binaries.multimedia, find some shows that are popular that Nzbmatrix was actively archiving at some point, something on HBO most likely. Then do the search on a raw search engine and you'll find that the same show is still being posted to the same group, whether its individual episodes, DVDs, reups etc. etc.

Now look at Nzbmatrix, it often misses all those episodes.

Nzbmatrix indexes more heavily when a show is airing and thus when it is popular and users are paying attention. At that point, users will be more actively adding NZBs to the site. When the show dies down, either hiatus or having ended, it stops being actively added to Nzbmatrix.

My Sopranos example is still valid. Episodes are still being posted all the time on Usenet, but Nzbmatrix doesn't grab any of them even if they are posted to popular groups. Either they turn their automation off or it doesn't exist.