Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain

Re: [Raiding] World of Logs

Is live logging free? Thought that was part of their paid services.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

I Live Logged Wednesday and Thursday of this week and haven't paid WoL a dime.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

This is archaic advice, Immer...of all people, I figured you'd be up to speed with this.

I'd rather people understood what they were doing. Of all people, I figured you'd be more into teaching someone what is going on rather than recommending a Mage to install some "TellMeWhen" or "spellflash" Addon.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

He would, it is just Friday, He gets less argumentative the later in the week it is.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I'm looking forward to the 14th
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Work done for the rest of the year are ye?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Taking a 4week vacation starting on the 14th

Gots me vacation time to burn, and burn it I will.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Baddie

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Hay I'll be saving 100miles worth of gas per day of vacation

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Immer

to Immer
Normally I do, but I'm sure that you've sat at your computer before sifting through 100,000 lines of a .txt file for crazy amounts of time trying to separate Tuesday from Wednesday or Majordomo from Al'Akir because you forgot to separate, extract, and delete your last log(s) when you logged off for the night.

I'm more than willing to help people understand, which is why I pointed out where the logs' default save location is on their drive. But, honestly some things that are or can be overly complicated tend to become more confusing with the more you *think* you know about them.

Granted, I'm one that wants to know the why behind the how, but now that I know about addon I described and the live logging option in the client, I don't care to know anything else about the coding of the WoL client, how it works, or any of the logistics of how my data gets from game to website. I log into the game, click live log on the client, and raid. That's it. When a fight is over, the data is there within seconds...and I don't have to log out to upload it.

Kind of like when I get in my car push the clutch and turn the key, it starts. I don't really care to know about air/fuel ratios, spark plug gaps, or internal combustion, as long as my shit works. Now, when it doesn't and I call Otto to come tow it to his garage for repair, I want him to explain the issue to me. More for reassurance that he knows what he's doing than for a thirst for knowledge.

WoL is mostly a pain in the ass, and rightfully so, it's an intricate and insanely complex program that I know is too much so for me to be a subject matter expert in without first suffering a ton of headaches. Why do you think people always forget to turn on or off their logs? Because its mainly a hassle to those who are selected or chose to log for the betterment of the group. I promise most people would be more than happy to cut out the extra steps and let the thing work by itself, without having to deal with */combatlog* or 50000 lines of text they're expected to upload after the raid when others are doing whatever they want.

This is just one of those things that "just works" and that enough explanation for me at this point, and is better left that way. I feel I know just enough about it to really frustrate myself.
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
Does your vacation involve lots and lots of dailies? :P

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by clawfury:

Does your vacation involve lots and lots of dailies? :P

I think it might
also maybe some alt leveling
and some movies.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to McBrain

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

Kind of like when I get in my car push the clutch and turn the key, it starts.

bonus points for having to push in a clutch

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Do I get extra bonus pts for having a 6 speed?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by McBrain:

Only if you've pegged 6th gear.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

I've hit about 6000 rpm before...then the electronic limiter slapped my peepee @155.

I guess the speedometer reads 180 to attract douche bag buyers like me. At any rate, I can't wait to ditch this death trap for a pickup.

Venom14
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

said by McBrain:

Only if you've pegged 6th gear.

186 is fast... and where the electronic limiter stepped in for me »Re: Personal and main pics

now not sure where the electronic governor is on my 'maro; but i'm sure its not any faster than the bike so really whats the point

p.s. both are 6 speeds

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
Sounds like a poser speedo.

I've pegged mine before, speedo only goes to 147mph, and its rare to have a road good enough to go there.

So if I were to do it again I hope I'd remember to bring my GPS to see how fast I actually got to.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
so then whats you're best 1/4 time?

Venom14
Augusta, GA

1 edit

Venom14

Click for full size
Highway 1, Honolulu, HI
Click for full size
H1 Point of View
H1 north of the airport was great for high speed runs. Elevated highway, well lit, and generally not alot of cops running radar. They mostly stay downtown for the night life at 3 a.m. hence, wide open GGGGOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

no idea, only 1/4 mi i've ever run was amost 8 years ago on my first bike, sv650s, it was 12.08s at 108.4 mph. on the duc I'd have issues keeping the front tire down in any gear below 4th. havent run the camaro; only challenge i've taken on in it is driving between augusta ga, and nashville, tn on a single tank of gas. now thats a feat of strength with the 6.2L.

after some research is seems 155mph is the fastes my car will currently go : /