tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope to Draiman

Premium Member

to Draiman

Re: New Windows

Yup, I'm going to ask him what rebates/incentives end on 2012. I spoke to a window company and they tell me that, for the windows, nothing ends in 2012.

I'm also having a window company come out on Saturday to give me a quote and talk to me about the windows. But they don't do doors or insulation. This is the pain I wanted to avoid... I would need to finance the doors and the insulation (if I had someone do the insulation). I'd much prefer to roll it all up into one piece of financing. But I can't do this if different people do the work. But I guess I could always put the doors on a credit card and pay them off withing a month or two and then do the insulation myself.

I'd rather do the insulation myself as the boards installed now are nailed in. I want to screw them in so that they can be removed if needed. Right now I have cable wires running on the outside of the boards. I'd like to drill some small holes in the joists and move the cable lines on the inside of the boards.

Red_Menace
poking around since 1978
join:2001-11-03
Fruita, CO

Red_Menace

They are probably talking about the federal tax incentives that expired at the end of 2011.