Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to trader22

MVM

to trader22

Re: Learning Uverse deployment plans?

I'm hoping someone can provide some insight regarding U-verse availability.

At work, we moved to a new location that currently only gets internet service via Time Warner (and I presume T1, T3, etc). It's an industrial park area, in existence long before TW offered internet service. ATT telephone service is available but DSL is not. Now, about 1/3 of the way into the area, ATT appears to have recently located a cabinet (along with an enclosure with an electric meter) next to an older, 2-door cabinet.

Given the limited options that customers in the area have in addition to a reasonable density of customers, it would seem a good idea to deploy DSL or U-verse here (of course I would say that !!).

Can the 8-digit identifier on the (new) cabinet tell anyone anything useful ?

go blue
@sbcglobal.net

go blue

Anon

Google VRAD
go blue

go blue to Hall

Anon

to Hall
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VRAD

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to go blue

MVM

to go blue
I know it's the right kind of box to potentially serve DSL or U-verse from and the fact that it was recently installed also bodes well, but isn't a guarantee. I was hoping for a bit more detail... I do understand the confidentiality aspect, any timeframes listed on an internal document aren't absolute, etc, etc. Something as simple as "yes, U-verse is planned for that area".

We're 1500' away from that corner. Just about every business in the 'park' is under 5000' away. I think that means potentially every business would have access.
Hall

Hall

MVM

said by Hall:

Can the 8-digit identifier on the (new) cabinet tell anyone anything useful ?

Here's the number: SPBOOHFW

I presume the (2) middle digits are the letter "O" and not "zero" as the location is SPringBOro OH

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey

said by Hall:

Here's the number: SPBOOHFW

I presume the (2) middle digits are the letter "O" and not "zero" as the location is SPringBOro OH

That is a CLLI code. Whether AT&T registers VRADs with Telcordia I have no idea. If so, somebody with access to the LERG can look it up and see if they provide any equipment specifics. If it is not registered, then no, it is not useful as it is probably used only for provisioning within AT&T.