share rss forum feed

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to bionicRod

Re: Far Cry 3

I think I am going to buy this if it goes on sale on steam.

Deschain

join:2012-12-13
Blighty
I should be getting a copy of this along with Sleeping Dogs with my new GPU, when it arrives

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Right now the game has a saving bug/problem... The save files are not being saved to your computer instead they get uploaded to ubi servers. Just thought i would throw that out there.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

1 recommendation

If it sucks so bad why are you playing it?

»Changed my mind..

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to bionicRod
I've put 14 hours in so far and it's still fun, if a tad easy. I'd recommend everyone play on the hardest difficulty. You can't take much punishment but it's very easy to be stealthy. For clearing out bad guy strongholds, use a silenced sniper rifle with a zooming scope and you can pick off the baddies from a long way away. If they never see you they'll never sound the alarm. Fun stuff! I've barely touched the story because I'm kind of OCD about doing the challenges, hunts, races, etc.

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to bionicRod
It's just got stupid things wrong with it, nothing too minor, however the game does stall and become unplayable but thats very rare, and btw the last patch is actually pretty cool, but i'm still staying with SP mode only, i'm done with that "broken record player stuff" and "trainer" people lag worse than you and make it look as if there a hacker but its only a mater of time before uplay bans you for lagging too much.
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

Qumahlin
Never Enough Time
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-05
united state
reply to bionicRod
said by bionicRod:

I've put 14 hours in so far and it's still fun, if a tad easy. I'd recommend everyone play on the hardest difficulty. You can't take much punishment but it's very easy to be stealthy. For clearing out bad guy strongholds, use a silenced sniper rifle with a zooming scope and you can pick off the baddies from a long way away. If they never see you they'll never sound the alarm. Fun stuff! I've barely touched the story because I'm kind of OCD about doing the challenges, hunts, races, etc.

I like doing that now and again but then I feel like i'm being too cheap. I only have about 7 bases left so my goal has been to take the remaining ones using full stealth, which turns into a fun game of throwing stones one way as i'm running the other. It becomes much easier once you have all the takedowns unlocked, especially for getting those pesky snipers that walk near the climbable ledges.

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
said by Qumahlin:

It becomes much easier once you have all the takedowns unlocked, especially for getting those pesky snipers that walk near the climbable ledges.

I agree, those skills are pretty wicked indeed, but the skill tree, i'm not too fawned of, i find your enemies too overpowered (even in adventure mode) I must of played all day today (15 hours) so i'm gamed out hehe and from all that running.

i just now noticed that diving underwater and running/swiming fast are the samething so if we get infinite stamina on those two then why not get infinite for diving also?
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

ferrmike56

join:2012-12-18
reply to bionicRod
the game engine looks promising!

The Antihero

join:2002-04-09
Enola, PA

1 edit
reply to bionicRod
If this one follows the recent trend of these stupid "checkpoints", rather than letting you save your game when you want to, I'm going to pass on this one. I went thru too much frustration from this sort of thing with the first Far Cry, and with May Payne 3. If I wanted to not be able to save my game, I would have stuck with '80s games. It's a shame that these game developers are taking a step backwards like that.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
I hate it too. With a passion. Seems to be console ports that favor this type of saving scheme.
I'm also getting sick of Steam, specifically buying a disk, and being forced to go online to play single player.
*Steam user since beta*
--
~ Project Hope ~

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
said by EUS:

I hate it too. With a passion. Seems to be console ports that favor this type of saving scheme.
I'm also getting sick of Steam, specifically buying a disk, and being forced to go online to play single player.
*Steam user since beta*

Buying the disc is better than going over your download allowance (if you have 1 like i do)
--

ferrmike56

join:2012-12-18
reply to bionicRod
I hope the game will be more dynamic and less boring tham FC2....

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to bionicRod
so this game is like Just Cause 2? from what I can gather just by reading this thread.

metalhammer7

join:2012-12-20
reply to bionicRod
FC3 looks amazing... I hopoe the gameplay is better than FC2