uniqs

hm
@videotron.ca

hm to DKS

Anon

to DKS

Re: ok a strange topic: Dissolving Grandma. Part Deux

said by DKS:

The contract is simply a monetary deposit. Preferences are indicated, such as range of price of services, but because prices of services can change over the years, no specific services are contracted. Interest is paid on the money deposited and it accumulates with the deposit. The deposits are insured in Ontario. Such contracts can also be transferred without penalty, usually.

Yeah, prices change. But in some instances and it's all contract dependent, and prov dependent, in many situations there is a guarantee of what is covered and guaranteed not to change.

For example, costs of the viewing, cost of cremation, cost of the vessal (coffin or vase).

In one situation I was in everything was covered, except for (and this is the technical term they used), "The opening and closing ceremony", which cost me ~1,000$.

That is where they dig the hole and then fill it in.

Guess union work isn't covered.
hm

hm

Anon

said by hm :

In one situation I was in everything was covered, except for (and this is the technical term they used), "The opening and closing ceremony", which cost me ~1,000$.

OH!
I guess in regards to this topic the question must be asked!

Will there be a flushing ceremony cost?

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to hm

to hm
said by hm :

said by DKS:

The contract is simply a monetary deposit. Preferences are indicated, such as range of price of services, but because prices of services can change over the years, no specific services are contracted. Interest is paid on the money deposited and it accumulates with the deposit. The deposits are insured in Ontario. Such contracts can also be transferred without penalty, usually.

Yeah, prices change. But in some instances and it's all contract dependent, and prov dependent, in many situations there is a guarantee of what is covered and guaranteed not to change.

For example, costs of the viewing, cost of cremation, cost of the vessal (coffin or vase).

Cemetery costs are normally separate from the funeral. That is because in many parts of Canada, funeral homes are not allowed to own cemeteries. And not all cemeteries are unionized.
DKS

DKS to hm

to hm
said by hm :

said by hm :

OH!
I guess in regards to this topic the question must be asked!

Will there be a flushing ceremony cost?

The industry will figure out a way to charge for that. And someone will come up with a ritual of flushing.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm to DKS

Anon

to DKS
said by DKS:

Cemetery costs are normally separate from the funeral. That is because in many parts of Canada, funeral homes are not allowed to own cemeteries. And not all cemeteries are unionized.

We went through this in another topic. See reference in the first post of this topic. To re-iterate what was said in that other topic, not applicable here. Maybe in Ontario...

u betcha
@videotron.ca

u betcha to DKS

Anon

to DKS
said by DKS:

The industry will figure out a way to charge for that. And someone will come up with a ritual of flushing.

Blessing of the plunger ceremony, $1,000

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
said by DKS:

And someone will come up with a ritual of flushing.

The thought of that kind of makes me feel sick in the pit of my stomach, but hey, whatever floats one's boat I guess.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to hm

to hm
said by hm :

said by DKS:

We went through this in another topic. See reference in the first post of this topic. To re-iterate what was said in that other topic, not applicable here. Maybe in Ontario...

And Quebec isn't the centre of the universe.