share rss forum feed

Meteor Dive
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-31
Silver Spring, MD
kudos:1

3 edits
reply to jut22

Re: Verizon DSL speed drop. Can someone review my line?

I'm curious but what did the verizon tech do in your initial post that alleviated the problem? What drjunky9 See Profile mentioned earlier about being auto-provisioned to a lower speed could have happened to combat some unexpected noise. I'm more curious to see what your stats would look like if the dslam set your speed back above 3000.

Not to mention your attenuation is already quite high at the lower speed setting indicating that perhaps you have a decent amount of signal loss somewhere that could potentially be out of your control (like a noisy pair at the pole outside for example).

Edit: credited wrong user :P whoops.
--
•·.·´¯`·.·•Meteor Dive•·.·´¯`·.·•

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL
said by Meteor Dive:

What aefstoggaflm See Profile mentioned earlier about being auto-provisioned to a lower speed could have happened to combat some unexpected noise...

No you got it wrong.

The user who said talked about auto-provisioned in this thread was thelanboy See Profile

Direct link to their post »Re: Verizon DSL speed drop. Can someone review my line?

--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.

Meteor Dive
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-31
Silver Spring, MD
kudos:1

3 edits
Huh? I wasn't quite talking about the possible manipulation from verizon.

I was more talking about the auto-adjustment that occurs at the circuit level between the modem and the DSLAM to compensate for noise when a disruption occurs while the two modules are re-negotiating during the sync phase.

(or as drjunky9 See Profile phrased it: 'optimized')

Sorry if that was misleading. It was something I coined back in the days when I was troubleshooting service throughput.

Edit: Oh I see, I credited wrong person earlier it seems. whoops.
--
•·.·´¯`·.·•Meteor Dive•·.·´¯`·.·•