share rss forum feed

rcilink
Premium
join:2003-12-15
Manchester, NH

Japanese to English translation please

Click for full size
ndtpic
A friend is restoring a very old slot machine. It appears to have some Japanese lettering on it (seal or something)?

I have attached a pic showing the seal. Can anyone provide any translation (to English)?

Thanks!

broccoli

join:2007-11-29
Portland, OR
Boring stuff.

"License certificate"
"Registration No. 035563", "NDT, Nihon Dendou Tokkyo Co, Ltd"
"
Takasago Electric"
"Date of Manufacture: Shwa 62 [1987] July, valid for 3 years"

It's not that old. NDT appears to be an entity that certifies gaming (ie, gambling) machines. Takasago is the manufacturer.

ATTek
Got Sand?
Premium
join:2000-12-13
Glendora, CA
Could the "date of manufacture" be referring to the certificate rather than the machine? Seems odd that the machine's manufacturing date would be "valid for 3 years" Probably just a grammar thing that I'm not aware of not speaking the language...
--
What does THIS button do.....

broccoli

Portland, OR
said by ATTek:

Could the "date of manufacture" be referring to the certificate rather than the machine? Seems odd that the machine's manufacturing date would be "valid for 3 years" Probably just a grammar thing that I'm not aware of not speaking the language...

I wondered about that too, but that's exactly what the phrases literally mean.

Laura_cyber

join:2012-11-28
USA 94102
reply to broccoli
Date of Manufacture: Shōwa 62 [1987] July, valid for 3 years

What is the actual meaning of that? 6 July or 2 July, or it is just July 1987? Didn't get it exactly.

broccoli

Portland, OR
said by Laura_cyber:

Date of Manufacture: Shōwa 62 [1987] July, valid for 3 years

What is the actual meaning of that? 6 July or 2 July, or it is just July 1987? Didn't get it exactly.

62nd year of the Showa era = AD 1987.

Is that clearer?