spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Oshy
@rogers.com

Oshy

Anon

[Extreme Plus] Rogers upgrade in Ottawa

So, I just got off the phone with Rogers. I was in Toronto visiting my girlfriend just under a month ago and I got a notice while on her laptop that speeds were increasing and her cheap Express Internet would be increased to 25/2! At first I was like "holy shit, all she pays is about 50 a month and now she has the same upload speed as me when I pay DOUBLE+more"

So I go home to Ottawa hoping the same has happened here. Nope. My Ultimate package is apparently not being upgraded as of December 1st to 75/10 or 150/10 it's staying the same for the foreseeable future and they currently do not have a timeline for "Higher Upload Stream" packages in my city... BUT they told me if I DOWNGRADE to Extreme Plus I could get 45/4... with a much smaller bandwidth cap that I already BLAST through on Ultimate.

How the hell does Rogers get away with this crap? They nationally advertise 75/10 and 150/10 and all these new speeds and an entire city doesn't get it?

Unreal. All anybody wants is higher upload and higher bandwidth and it's like pulling teeth with Rogers.

I'm ready to cancel after 20 years just out of spite.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by Oshy :

They nationally advertise 75/10 and 150/10 and all these new speeds and an entire city doesn't get it?

They advertise 75/2, not 75/10. 150/10 is advertised, but noted as "Available in select areas".
birnie
Premium Member
join:2010-05-30
Gloucester, ON

birnie to Oshy

Premium Member

to Oshy
Im in the east end of Ottawa, and just got upstream bonding yesterday (Blue light). Give it a few weeks and we should be good to go.
birnie

birnie to Oshy

Premium Member

to Oshy
Has anyone in Ottawa been able to upgrade to the new 150/10 Ultimate plan yet?
Cosmok
join:2010-03-31
Ottawa, ON

Cosmok

I am in Ottawa South (South Keys) and tried to get the new Ultimate again today and was told it is not available in my area. They couldn't tell me when it would be available. Strangely, my download speeds have increased but not my upload speeds. I now have 150/2.

Oshy
@rogers.com

Oshy

Anon

I've been getting about 120 Mb/s at certain points in the day but not 150 :/. Stuck on this crappy 2 upload is really getting to me. I'm in Hintonburg/Chinatown
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to Cosmok

to Cosmok
You do not have 150/2. They've increased the speedboost for Ultimate users.
Cosmok
join:2010-03-31
Ottawa, ON

Cosmok

You are right, it is the new speed boost that kicked in on Dec. 1st. I just sent a bunch of small files by FTP to a client and they went faster because of the speed boost. Unfortunately large video files are still going to take all day.

I just had to explain to a client in the US that it will take me 8 - 10 hours to send them their files. Considering that I am in the capital of Canada it is embarrassing to explain that we don't have the same internet access they have in the US. They get the impression that I am isolated somewhere in the Arctic.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

said by Cosmok:

Considering that I am in the capital of Canada it is embarrassing to explain that we don't have the same internet access they have in the US. They get the impression that I am isolated somewhere in the Arctic.

Say it aint so Brother. Rogers clearly states on their homepage "We've Just Shattered The Hi-Speed Barrier".....