how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JMikeF

join:2005-05-05
Alexandria, VA
reply to nascar

Re: [HD] Maybe this means more HD will follow...

Who ever watched Youtoo? AFAIC, Verizon needs to do some serious pruning of these crap channels.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:2

I could not agree more.

said by JMikeF:

Who ever watched Youtoo? AFAIC, Verizon needs to do some serious pruning of these crap channels.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

said by nascar:

I could not agree more.

said by JMikeF:

The tricky thing with "crap" channels is that they are sometimes owned by larger networks that require the providers to carry these other networks as part of a package deal. "You want Discovery Channel"? "Well then you have to carry I.D. too". Nothing against that channel, just making a point.

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18

FierceCable

Verizon to drop Youtoo TV from FiOS TV lineup

Telco also moving Halogen TV to Ultimate HD package

November 30, 2012 | By Steve Donohue

Verizon (NYSE: VZ) began informing its FiOS TV subscribers Thursday that it will drop Youtoo TV from its channel lineup on Dec. 31.

Formerly known as American Life TV, GoodLife TV Network and Nostalgia Channel, the network was relaunched last year as Youtoo TV. Youtoo calls itself the first social TV network, and it relies on feedback from viewers to pick its programming schedule. It struck a production deal last year with Mark Burnett, the reality show producer who created hit CBS series Survivor.

Verizon also told FiOS TV subscribers in an email notice that it will move Halogen TV from its 290-channel Extreme HD package to its more expensive Ultimate HD package, which contains 385 channels. Halogen, which is owned by The Inspiration Networks, bills itself as "the socially-conscious entertainment network." Its schedule ranges from repeats of The Biggest Loser to Surf Patrol.

Verizon said it will soon add new networks to the FiOS lineup. "These changes help enable us to add new content that our customers have been asking for, and we'll be announcing additions to the lineup soon," Verizon spokeswoman Heather Wilner told FierceCable Friday.

»www.fiercecable.com/story/verizo···12-11-30

nascar

Verona, NJ

"Verizon said it will soon add new networks to the FiOS lineup. "These changes help enable us to add new content that our customers have been asking for, and we'll be announcing additions to the lineup soon," Verizon spokeswoman Heather Wilner told FierceCable Friday."

Let the speculation begin...

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

said by nascar:

more Spanish channels

nascar

Verona, NJ

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
said by TitusTroy:

said by nascar:

more Spanish channels

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to TitusTroy

said by TitusTroy:

more Spanish channels

NO MAS
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

skottey_

join:2009-07-06
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Mac973

said by Mac973:

The tricky thing with "crap" channels is that they are sometimes owned by larger networks that require the providers to carry these other networks as part of a package deal. "You want Discovery Channel"? "Well then you have to carry I.D. too". Nothing against that channel, just making a point.

ID is a horrible example! It is a fantastic channel. A better example may be "if you want to carry MTV and VH1 you need to carry VH1 Soul" (a true crap channel). ID is one of the best basic cable channels out there. It is right up there with A&E, AMC (for the series, not movies), FX, History, NatGeo, and Discovery Channel itself. How dare you use ID in an example? LOL