uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kraftyy

join:2010-06-19
Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

Hamilton Bus Drivers sleeping?

Seen this on chch's website. Apparently hamilton bus drivers are sleeping off, whether it be on their breaks or not.

»www.chch.com/index.php/home/item···on-duty?

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

Spying on public sector workers seems to be some sort of sport now.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Kraftyy

As long as they are not sleeping while driving their routes, who cares.

Kraftyy

Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

The thing is if its raining or snowing and theres no shelters and someone has a kid and the bus driver is sleeping for 10 minutes that's not acceptable or the fact that they're sleeping infront of their "customers" would you sleep infront of your customers if u worked at a retail store no it's not professional.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by Kraftyy:

The thing is if its raining or snowing and theres no shelters and someone has a kid and the bus driver is sleeping for 10 minutes that's not acceptable or the fact that they're sleeping infront of their "customers" would you sleep infront of your customers if u worked at a retail store no it's not professional.

I am sure they have schedules to follow.If they don't they can be fired. So complaints about raining, snowing, no shelters, waiting for the bus are irrelevant if the schedule is followed. Of course, the "no shelter" issue is something to be taken up with the bus company and not the driver.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

XoX

join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada

1 recommendation

reply to Kraftyy

said by Kraftyy:

Seen this on chch's website. Apparently hamilton bus drivers are sleeping off, whether it be on their breaks or not.

»www.chch.com/index.php/home/item···on-duty?

The link you provided state that it was on their breaks...

XoX

join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada

1 recommendation

reply to Kraftyy

said by Kraftyy:

Sorry but if i am on my breaks... i am on my breaks... that mean the customer can yell all they want i am taking my break.

The drivers does not have to work when he is supposed to be taking a break because it's raining outside or it's cold... dress accordingly

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

1 recommendation

reply to XoX

said by XoX:

The link you provided state that it was on their breaks...

I have no issue with that at all then, this happens plenty in offices and plants all over the country.

Kraftyy

Burlington, ON

So many offices allow their employees to fall asleep and be 10-15 minutes late for their shifts, quit talking crap out your mouth.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to Kraftyy

said by Kraftyy:

Meh, Montreal bus drivers do this all the time. It'll be -30 outside with windchill and they'll park their bus one length away from the bus stop and read their newspaper for fifteen minutes.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON

1 recommendation

said by Guspaz:

Meh, Montreal bus drivers do this all the time. It'll be -30 outside with windchill and they'll park their bus one length away from the bus stop and read their newspaper for fifteen minutes.

Which is irrelevant for riders who follow the bus schedule. Of course if you can't maybe mommy should dress you warmer.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to Kraftyy

said by Kraftyy:

The thing is if its raining or snowing and theres no shelters and someone has a kid and the bus driver is sleeping for 10 minutes that's not acceptable

If the driver is still meeting the schedule for the route they're driving, it absolutely is acceptable.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Kraftyy

said by Kraftyy:

So many offices allow their employees to fall asleep and be 10-15 minutes late for their shifts, quit talking crap out your mouth.

I've never seen that and if I did, I'd expect people to be fired for it.

What I see are people who nap for exactly the amount of time for their break. It's crazy, shop foremen who sleep leaned against a wall on a stool for exactly 45 minutes.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

said by urbanriot:

What I see are people who nap for exactly the amount of time for their break. It's crazy, shop foremen who sleep leaned against a wall on a stool for exactly 45 minutes.

I used to go to school with someone who could do this. We would have a long day, followed by an exam, and she would nap in her car for 30 mins before the exam. If I could even managed to get to sleep that quickly a light beep from my cell phone sure as hell wouldn't wake me up.

As to the drivers, as long as they're hitting their scheduled points it's a non-issue. Being early to a scheduled/listed point would actually be more of a problem.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to peterboro

said by peterboro:

Which is irrelevant for riders who follow the bus schedule. Of course if you can't maybe mommy should dress you warmer.

Montreal doesn't have bus schedules. It has bus suggestions. The bus may or may not show up, and if it does, it's +/- 10 minutes or so from the scheduled time.

If you don't get to a bus stop 10 minutes before the scheduled time, there is a risk that you will miss the bus and end up waiting 30-40 minutes for the subsequent one.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

Zavyn

@bell.ca

the complaint is about the drivers sleeping off whether or not on their break and being 10 to 15 minutes LATE on their schedule.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to Guspaz

said by Guspaz:

Montreal doesn't have bus schedules. It has bus suggestions.

Sounds like a perfectly acceptable Quebec solution to mass transit.