share rss forum feed

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium,VIP
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL
reply to unibroker

Re: adb umount problems

Are you trying to unmount the sdcard in your Android phone from the Android OS?

unibroker
Premium
join:2010-11-12
Altadena, CA
I'm trying to unmount my device from my pc which is connected through adb. The push was to the sdcard in my device so I assume that is the connection I'm trying to properly break. Kind of strange that the device used to appear in nautilus and gparted for that matter under dev/sdg and dev/sdh but push never worked. To get around that I'd just drag the zip to the device in nautilus. Recently the device hasn't appeared in nautilus/gparted (does in terminal) but I am able to do a push as I see the file under Root Explorer of my device.

I have been dealing with this for the last week. I've thought about completely uninstalling the sdk and reinstalling it but that may be a time-consuming wasted effort. Thanks for the input by the way.

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium,VIP
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL
When you run adb shell, you are then at the shell on your phone. All commands you type are then executed by your phone. /sdcard/ on your phone represents the sdcard on your phone. You need to run commands on your PC to unmount devices from it.

unibroker
Premium
join:2010-11-12
Altadena, CA
All of the activities described have been done from the pc. The only one that hasn't has been the observation of a successful push in the Root Explorer of my device/phone.