uniqs
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix

Re: [Raiding] World of Logs

BTW on Spirit pus. When you dot up adds in spirit phase, do they stay on? Or do they drop when u leave???

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I would have to get the next group coming in to look for my dots to know, but I would think they stay but your combat log won't record them anymore.

thus recount/WOL/scada can't record them if the recorder isn't in.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

I was just asking anyone in general if they know the answer to this

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Problem is it'll be hard to tell, I guess to see you'd have to put a glyphed combustion on one and mark it with a raid marker just as you leave, and leave just as another group comes in.

then the next group could look for the dot.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

there is no reason to believe the dots just disappear from the mobs when you leave the phase. I've died to DoTs in BGs after watching the perp leave the BG

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well I would assume the dot still ticks, but I don't like assuming.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Dots still tick. I've watched adds die from dots while I was killing the Severer.

The log will not record those dot ticks though. Never been entirely sure why the log gets all phased, but I'm sure that was a technical decision made ages ago.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Maybe someone will make an addon that forms a single log from multiple players.

like WoL but anytime you are in a diff phase than the "master" addon your addon starts and when you return your addon could send data to the "master"

however there are times when no one is in the spirit world so those ticks would not be recorded even then.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

The log files are just *.txt files. If you know the fight, I'm sure you could write up a script that reads the "master" script that pulls out the timestamps that were in a different phase. Then you'd have a master "unphased" log. You run a couple parses on other samples to fill in the "unphased" gaps. But that would only give numbers for the raid outside of the phase. Each person would have to log the fight to capture how they did while in the phased portion of the fight.

this could get busy.

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius

Yeah they kinda touched on that also. Basically there was no way to easily combine the logs because of to many variables. Best would have the one logging not go down or out of phase if that possible.

Re: Details of how data is gathered?
Postby ArcaneMagus » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:33 pm
To put it in slightly more detail: Since everybody's computer clock is not exactly in sync, and there is no GUID that is server wide (only specific client wide) for an event, the best you can do is guess as to which events go where in a merged combat log. The WoL creators have decided that the risks of messing it up are not worth the slight gain.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Exactly. You'd have to fix the logfile first... and it would only be a slight gain. I'll admit that not being a dps at heart, I don't care that the log misses out on a minute of your 7minute fight... I just don't. The point of most of the phased portions that I can think of right now is to make them as short as possible.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

The log files are just *.txt files. If you know the fight, I'm sure you could write up a script that reads the "master" script that pulls out the timestamps that were in a different phase. Then you'd have a master "unphased" log. You run a couple parses on other samples to fill in the "unphased" gaps. But that would only give numbers for the raid outside of the phase. Each person would have to log the fight to capture how they did while in the phased portion of the fight.

this could get busy.

I think the easiest way would be restrict the WoL data to own data, and dots when phased

then merge a set with one from each player.
Though might have to just toss the dots that ticked while you were out out the window.