share rss forum feed

Kraftyy

join:2010-06-19
Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to FFH

Re: Hamilton Bus Drivers sleeping?

The thing is if its raining or snowing and theres no shelters and someone has a kid and the bus driver is sleeping for 10 minutes that's not acceptable or the fact that they're sleeping infront of their "customers" would you sleep infront of your customers if u worked at a retail store no it's not professional.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by Kraftyy:

The thing is if its raining or snowing and theres no shelters and someone has a kid and the bus driver is sleeping for 10 minutes that's not acceptable or the fact that they're sleeping infront of their "customers" would you sleep infront of your customers if u worked at a retail store no it's not professional.

I am sure they have schedules to follow.If they don't they can be fired. So complaints about raining, snowing, no shelters, waiting for the bus are irrelevant if the schedule is followed. Of course, the "no shelter" issue is something to be taken up with the bus company and not the driver.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

XoX

join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada

1 recommendation

reply to Kraftyy

said by Kraftyy:

Sorry but if i am on my breaks... i am on my breaks... that mean the customer can yell all they want i am taking my break.

The drivers does not have to work when he is supposed to be taking a break because it's raining outside or it's cold... dress accordingly

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to Kraftyy

said by Kraftyy:

Meh, Montreal bus drivers do this all the time. It'll be -30 outside with windchill and they'll park their bus one length away from the bus stop and read their newspaper for fifteen minutes.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

1 recommendation

said by Guspaz:

Meh, Montreal bus drivers do this all the time. It'll be -30 outside with windchill and they'll park their bus one length away from the bus stop and read their newspaper for fifteen minutes.

Which is irrelevant for riders who follow the bus schedule. Of course if you can't maybe mommy should dress you warmer.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to Kraftyy

said by Kraftyy:

The thing is if its raining or snowing and theres no shelters and someone has a kid and the bus driver is sleeping for 10 minutes that's not acceptable

If the driver is still meeting the schedule for the route they're driving, it absolutely is acceptable.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to peterboro

said by peterboro:

Which is irrelevant for riders who follow the bus schedule. Of course if you can't maybe mommy should dress you warmer.

Montreal doesn't have bus schedules. It has bus suggestions. The bus may or may not show up, and if it does, it's +/- 10 minutes or so from the scheduled time.

If you don't get to a bus stop 10 minutes before the scheduled time, there is a risk that you will miss the bus and end up waiting 30-40 minutes for the subsequent one.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

Zavyn

@bell.ca

the complaint is about the drivers sleeping off whether or not on their break and being 10 to 15 minutes LATE on their schedule.

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to Guspaz

said by Guspaz:

Montreal doesn't have bus schedules. It has bus suggestions.

Sounds like a perfectly acceptable Quebec solution to mass transit.