Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to bionicRod

Re: Far Cry 3

Games aren't worth buying until 3 or 4 months after release because of all the patches.

Why pay $60 for a new game that is buggy and broken when you can wait some time, pay less and have a solid product?

Like I just picked up Saints Row 3 for $11 for steam and Assassins Creed Revelations for super cheap too.

I'll probably get GTA 5 and Hitman Absolution when it's $30 or something.
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

said by Mike:

Games aren't worth buying until 3 or 4 months after release because of all the patches.

Why pay $60 for a new game that is buggy and broken when you can wait some time, pay less and have a solid product?

I remember people saying that about Skyrim when it released. Supposedly it was bad on PC. Really buggy and played like crap for most people.

diablo1892
Plough, sew, water, harvest. Repeat.

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Mike

said by Mike:

You got a very good point, and i'm actually thinking of waiting till all the new copies are done and sold, maybe those copies have bugs (like you said) but I done paid for mine already, but thats mainly because i like the company a whole lot. When Far cry 2 was released i gave it about 2 months or so and got it, few weeks later i was playing it for hours, GFX were'nt the only thing i liked but mostly how they set it up, eventually after sometime I lost the feeling of the game.. But still its a great game imo, just not as good as most other newer games these days.
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Ghastlyone

Skyrim was one of the few games I bought early on as a new release. IMHO the bugginess was greatly exaggerated.
But in general, I wait a few months as well, if not a year. Sometimes one of the most telling aspects if a game is any good or not is how quickly it hits the $5 bin.
Or I browse this forum to see how quickly everyone bores of the game.
--
~ Project Hope ~