uniqs
david13579
join:2008-01-10
Astoria, NY

1 edit

david13579 to JohnnyG101

to JohnnyG101

Re: [TWC] Just a week after installation and it can't stay conne

Since like over an hour ago it is syncing but with just one upstream channel (channel 17) at 58 dBmV, modem UP light yellow (it is usually green and manual says yellow means slow), many ping time outs to different sites and in consistent upload speeds (also a bit inconsistent download speeds but I dont mind those too much since it is not that bad).

At the very least it is staying connected.

EDIT: I take back what I said, it started to disconnect again. Something is very wrong. It was perfect from the day we got the service till yesterday.

JohnnyG101
Mafiaoso
Premium Member
join:2000-12-25
Charlotte, NC

JohnnyG101

Premium Member

The lights on the modem for up/down, Green means its bonded and yellow/amber means its not a bonded channel.

if your upstream power right now is 58db, someone needs to come out. It may/maynot stay connected.

I had this issues 2 weeks ago. It was finally traced to a cable under the street. My Upstream is now in the mid 40's.
david13579
Astoria, NY

david13579

Thanks. I guess I'll just call for help and hope they dont charge me for it

JohnnyG101
Mafiaoso
Premium Member
join:2000-12-25
Charlotte, NC

JohnnyG101

Premium Member

They shouldn't, in all honestly not sure why the tech didnt check the levels before he left... Do you have TV with them too? Got splitters on the line?

They will be able to see your modem levels form the office and shouldn't question why you are calling.
david13579
Astoria, NY

david13579

Just internet. One 3-way splitter was installed. The modem is on the -8db end, the other 2 ends are -5 and have some sort of metal cap so I cannot connect the coaxial cable there.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by david13579:

Just internet. One 3-way splitter was installed. The modem is on the -8db end, the other 2 ends are -5 and have some sort of metal cap so I cannot connect the coaxial cable there.

Ouch! There's your problem. Either get a coupler or, if the wire is long enough, just remove it and bypass that splitter.

/M