join:2002-06-05
Burnaby, BC
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to Baud1200

Re: [BC] Shaw is a rip-off

said by Baud1200:

You missed that somewhere along the line everything will be moved to Cloud based solution, allowing for both content monitoring/nannying/archiving and removal/censorship at the slightest hint of legal threat and or financial/political pressure to the host(ISP).

'Tis true, the iPads are signaling the potential shift that way.
While they are still "local" devices, the form factor in my opinion will be the window to remote computing.
Terminal solution - it does have a lot of attractive points: unlimited processing, storage, portability...
And the negative's of zero user control, no community modding, and easy copyright enforcement will not be highlighted to the general public.

It is quite possible that we will not be able to save anything locally in a few dozen years.

But I'm hoping that the local-storage-industry will prevail with molecular USB sticks and ultrafast NAND

KBAUDRU

@telus.net

Seems like a bunch of hoops to go through just for a internet connection. You would have to be psychic to understand all these rules and regulations.

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
Reviews:
·FreedomPop

said by KBAUDRU :

Seems like a bunch of hoops to go through just for a internet connection.

Just subscribe to a wholesaler like TekSavvy, who uses last mile Shaw infrastructure.

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

Only in the Greater Vancouver Area (as far as I can tell)