Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

said by stvnbrs:

you fell asleep again?

So after getting kicked out of the queue after 23 minutes because Jobbie is afk, I queue'd up in a heroic and am on the last boss fight when Jobbie wakes up, says he still wants to do the raid, and says "brb" for the 2 minutes it takes me to finish the heroic.

Does he show up again? no...
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

BG5150

join:2008-08-14
New York, NY
reply to BG5150

I tried tanking the dungeons available and found them ok to do.

Plus, with some marginal increases in my gear, things in PvE are going down a bit quicker. (Not as fast as my dps toons, but a lot quicker than a week ago.)

So, I'll stay Prot spec'd and level through questing and dungeoneering as a tank.

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

I levelled from 85-90 as a blood DK, in tank gear. No other way to go - it wasn't THAT slow (maybe 15-20% slower per kill than my hunter, but zero downtime) and you can survive insane stuff (8-10 monsters at a time).

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

said by stvnbrs:

you fell asleep again?

So after getting kicked out of the queue after 23 minutes because Jobbie is afk, I queue'd up in a heroic and am on the last boss fight when Jobbie wakes up, says he still wants to do the raid, and says "brb" for the 2 minutes it takes me to finish the heroic.

Does he show up again? no...

Poopsock side effects.

Sry bro.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

late is late

WHAT IS THIS?

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

He had a tech support call on Skype.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to BG5150

If you're questing as prot and only fighting one mob at a time, you're doing it wrong. Grab several. The more that are hitting you, the more vengeance, the faster they die.

Plus hammer of cleave (I never can remember the right name) is part of your rotation, and having it hit only one is silly.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

Playing a tank is all about testing your limits, seeing how much stuff you can pull before you go "oh shit" mode.

Questing, dungeons do not matter, that the life of a tank.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB
reply to BG5150

tip:

karasang wilds. In the east town of Zhu's Watch is a quest chain, the last quest in the chain for protecting that town involves a phased quest. Within the town you will be phased from everyone else not on the quest.

The point of this is that 13 level 86 90k hp Sha Minion adds spawn around the town, they drop motes of harmony with regular frequency, and they respawn VERY fast, by the time you aoe them down, they all ready respawn.

I leveled my rogue from 85-89 over a few days just doing this. No other quests, bgs, lfd, nothing. I collected about 400 motes of harmony and made about 2000g from selling greys and greens that drop.

I am not normaly a "grind/farm" kind of guy. But this was so easy, it was a no brainer. I just put on my music, did it for a few hours a day and got a level each day. Better then I did questing on my druid Lore Master.

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
reply to BG5150

I find it funny that no one cared to mention the adventuring gear that is 372 ilvl.

BG5150

join:2008-08-14
New York, NY
reply to BG5150

My gear is now average 400 (maybe 410) or so with a couple 450 pieces.

things are going down quicker now, though, obviously, not as quick as my dps toons. But fights no longer seem to last a minute per mob.

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
reply to Threatco

I think they hot fixed this. Because I spent about 2 hours there and didn't get crap but about 13 motes and 3 greens.

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

I had tried it just last night and it still worked great for me. Maybe you just got unlucky on your motes drops. Are you rounding them up and killing all of them every min or so?