Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Task514

join:2007-10-21
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

eBox: how long did it take to setup cable?

I just subscribed to eBox last week and now waiting for their tech to call to set an appointment to install the cable service... It's been a week and no call yet...

Seems to me that this is pretty long...
How long do you guys had to wait for an appointment to setup?

Shrug

@videotron.ca

From what I was seeing in the TSI forum for QC cable installs they are saying it's a week wait just to get an appointment. Seems they are over-busy.

Though I have always had a date lickity-split and with-in a week when I've needed one. I've never heard of November being busy season, ever. But it seems per the TSI people it is.

Head-Scratcher for sure. Maybe they just put wholesale last on the list and just fit them in-between jobs. Who knows.... I never heard of Nov being busy season...

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-21

It vary greatly from week to week. Best way to find out is call us and we can tell you the morning report.

Right now i can tell the cable company is processing orders sent on the 28 so it's pretty quick but last week they were 8 days behind.
--
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

Task514

Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

Well got my appointment for december 4th 5PM-8PM... which is today.

NO SHOW... great..!

Losing an afternoon of work... they didn't even have the courtesy to notify!

edit: have to specify that this is videotron's fault...! (out of eBox's control)

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP

Did you call in so we can check what happened ? It is not very common from the cable operator not to show up. Not saying it is not possible, just that we don't see that very often.
--

Task514

Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

Finally received a call that day, just before 8PM... they told us that the tech won't come by. A little late to notify lol

Anyhow, I connected the modem to the cable and it seems it recognize it's connected but can't get it's configuration... Is this something the Videotron guy need to do or you guys (Electronic Box)?

Anonymous434

join:2012-03-01

The videotron guy basically he has to read the code on the modem and put it in his blackberry to activate it or something?, and install a wire for the modem with a filter on it to block analog tv channels.

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
reply to Task514

said by Task514:

Finally received a call that day, just before 8PM... they told us that the tech won't come by. A little late to notify lol

Anyhow, I connected the modem to the cable and it seems it recognize it's connected but can't get it's configuration... Is this something the Videotron guy need to do or you guys (Electronic Box)?

It is something the tech will do and 3 hours after he leave the service start to work.

So when a tech can't show up due to workload they first try to send another tech but if none is available they call you to reschedule which is what happened to you unfortunately.
--

Task514

Montreal, QC
reply to Anonymous434

wow much bs for a 50$ install...

Task514

Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to Task514

Finally installation is done today and internet access enabled within the hour.

grunze510

join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
kudos:1

Hey nice, you got 10/1.5 Mbit/s and it's not even January yet. And I don't think VT filed a tariff yet either.

AC3

join:2012-03-22
Pierrefonds, QC
reply to Task514

Well, at least some people are getting installed.

I had an appointment scheduled for today (signed up last week), between 5 and 9 pm. E-Box left a voice message, and email confirming this. Videotron also left a message yesterday reconfirming the appointment.

At 5:05, I saw the Videotron contractor's (SC360) truck pull up in front of my house. I went to the door to greet him, waited 5-10 minutes at the front door freezing my a$$ off, but the guy never got out of his truck. Instead, he drove away. Figured maybe he went to the pole terminal where I am serviced from (access from back yard, via the street behind me), but nobody went there either. So I sit waiting & watching for a tech to come back.

At 7pm, I receive an automated call from Videotron, saying that the technician is en route. Nobody ever showed, nobody ever called after this.

9:10pm, I call Videotron to ask wtf happened, and why I rushed home this afternoon, and gave up evening plans to have 4 hours of my time wasted? The best part is getting that call at 7pm saying "they're on the way". Nobody at Videotron knew what was going on.

It's crap service like this that made me want to dump Bell. And looks like Videotron is just repeating this cycle of absolutely no respect to the client. It's pretty pathetic...