eve
Premium
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to clawfury

Re: [Raiding] World of Logs

WoL is amazing. It's useful for keeping track of CD usage and maximizing it (using all your CDs and pots while lust/hero is up, for example). Or for DoT classes, making sure you have high uptimes on all your DoTs.

If you can think of something to track or look deeper into, you can. You can figure out exactly what spells someone used for a clue into rotation.

Learn how to do those and find a top player of your class and you'll benefit dramatically.

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
You're right, eve. I've already caught the one serious mistake (at least a 5% dps boost) that I could easily fix by using a dot timer. I also learned that most of the best single target fight hunters were using a different talent than I was. Other than that, my logs weren't bad, I was doing most of the rest right - so with those minor tweaks and the kind of gear they have, I should be able to do a lot better :P

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to eve
said by eve:

exactly what spells someone used for a clue into rotation.

Learn how to do those and find a top player of your class and you'll benefit dramatically.

Go into the "expression editor" and you can literally see everything that happened in an encounter, then you can build a query to only show what you need to see, I.e. player X's crits on target y. Or player X's damaging spells on add z. It's an awesome tool. The coding is awkward, but once you learn your way around it, it's where you'll find the real nuances in someone's style, or discover that minute detail to boost your dps tha extra half a percent.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.