uniqs
share rss forum feed

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:3
reply to TitusTroy

Re: [DVR] 7232 Slow, Unrepsonsive Until Warms Up or a Reboot

Maybe just where the VHO is physically located.

said by TitusTroy:

said by nascar:

VHO Area DAC
5 Queens, NY 5

don't know why FiOS continues to classify VHO 5 as just Queens NY when it serves the entire city of NY

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
Yes, VHO5 is in North Jamaica Queens, NYC....

The other VHO's are referenced the same way. VHO4 is in Silver Spring, MD.

Pepsiman

join:2002-01-18
Brooklyn, NY
nydave,

I am having the same problem as others mentioned, VZ said it's my stb 7232 and sent me another 7232, I requested a new box but was sent one with three rubber feet missing and kind of beat up, I than called up VZ Presidential line and in turn had someone call me back, the person I spoke with told me that I can try and use the refurbished 7232 that was sent to me but he said it would make no difference because it's a firmware issue which will be updated some time in Jan. 2013, I am in the VHO 05 area of Brooklyn, I really hate to give up the original new dvr 7232 stb I have, do you think I should wait for the firmware update?, please let me know.
Thanks.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
You need to wait. The firmware fix has not rolled out to everyone yet.

Pepsiman

Brooklyn, NY
Thanks for the quick reply

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·GoDaddy Hosting
reply to Pepsiman
said by Pepsiman:

nydave,

I am having the same problem as others mentioned, VZ said it's my stb 7232 and sent me another 7232, I requested a new box but was sent one with three rubber feet missing and kind of beat up, I than called up VZ Presidential line and in turn had someone call me back, the person I spoke with told me that I can try and use the refurbished 7232 that was sent to me but he said it would make no difference because it's a firmware issue which will be updated some time in Jan. 2013

That's interesting because Verizon sent me a new 7232 when I reported the slowness problem to them. It seems to be working just fine and has been installed for over a month now. Asked for it on a Friday afternoon and it arrived Saturday morning.
Expand your moderator at work

Pepsiman

Brooklyn, NY
reply to billhere

Re: [DVR] 7232 Slow, Unrepsonsive Until Warms Up or a Reboot

Click for full size
7232dvr_diagnostic menu_1
Click for full size
7232dvr_diagnostic menu_2
maybe you already got the newer firmware update on you 7232 STB,
on my diagnostic menu line d08 code modules reads platform build version: 25.38 APR 07 2012, I believe the new one should be 25.39.

Pepsiman

Brooklyn, NY
reply to nycdave
nydave,

I Finally got the firmware update 25.39 this morning at 2:00am 01/03/13.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
Last night I was ready to throw the box out the window that's how bad it was. I just tried it now and its seems to be working fine. My wife and daughter will be glad to hear the good news also.

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA
Still no joy in MA.

Matcarl, I like you, had a lot of problems with the box last night, much worse than I've ever seen it, so I'm not sure why it was so bad last night. I still don't have the update this morning but it seems a little better than it was last night.

Pepsiman

Brooklyn, NY
reply to matcarl
said by matcarl:

Last night I was ready to throw the box out the window that's how bad it was. I just tried it now and its seems to be working fine. My wife and daughter will be glad to hear the good news also.

Yep, I was ready to throw the damn remote at the dvr, now everything is working fine, I am not sure but it looks like the picture quality seems to be better, maybe its my imagination.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
said by Pepsiman:

I am not sure but it looks like the picture quality seems to be better, maybe its my imagination

I noticed the same thing...for some reason PQ looks better on nearly every HD channel...was there a stealth bit rate increase or QAM slot re-arrangement?

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by TitusTroy:

said by Pepsiman:

I am not sure but it looks like the picture quality seems to be better, maybe its my imagination

I noticed the same thing...for some reason PQ looks better on nearly every HD channel...was there a stealth bit rate increase or QAM slot re-arrangement?

I don't think so. I believe they may have tweeked the smoothing algorithm in the STB. I will ping my "sources" and see if they know anything.

Pepsiman

Brooklyn, NY
said by PJL:

said by TitusTroy:

said by Pepsiman:

I don't think so. I believe they may have tweeked the smoothing algorithm in the STB. I will ping my "sources" and see if they know anything.

PJL,

Let me know what kind of results you get w/ the ping sources.

Pepsiman

Brooklyn, NY
reply to TitusTroy
Enjoy the PQ and the quick STB response time

Infominister

@verizon.net
reply to Pepsiman
How do you get to the diagnostics page?

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:32
said by Infominister :

How do you get to the diagnostics page?

»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »What Information Can My Set-Top Box Tell Me
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

FiosTV1080I

join:2010-09-06
united state
reply to Infominister
Turn on the STB, Turn off hit ok on the remote then ok again fast and diagnostic menu should pop up for you.