All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

MikeC578
join:2012-11-30
Mississauga, ON

MikeC578 to trparky

to trparky

Re: [WIN7] BSOD and the Minidump... how to analyze it?

I'm going to run it now and let it run throughout the night... I'll let you know tomorrow if anythings up... I really appreciate your suggestions guys!
MikeC578

MikeC578

running now - downloaded the latest version of memtest86+ for 64 bit pc's... v. 4.20
I'll be in touch - already well into it's 1st pass - nothing noted in the rror column

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

trparky

Premium Member

I've often seen tests that won't indicate failure until well into multiple tests. I saw a test that didn't fail until the RAM was at a certain temperature which of course was only after multiple tests.

Temperature of the RAM can make the difference just like CPUs can fail when they are running too hot.

auggy
Mod
join:2001-12-24
Brockville, ON

auggy to MikeC578

Mod

to MikeC578
Also, if problems persist consider updating the BIOS to the latest version.

The present BIOS version, according to the minidump file, is 0906:

kd> !sysinfo machineid
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 2.7, DMIVersion 39, Size=3886]
BiosMajorRelease = 4
BiosMinorRelease = 6
BiosVendor = American Megatrends Inc.
BiosVersion = 0906
BiosReleaseDate = 03/26/2012
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
SystemFamily = To be filled by O.E.M.
SystemVersion = System Version
SystemSKU = SKU
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoardProduct = P8Z77-V DELUXE
BaseBoardVersion = Rev 1.xx

The latest version appears to be 1709 and several of the more recent updates address stability.

MikeC578
join:2012-11-30
Mississauga, ON

MikeC578

You have a point re: the BIOS. Memtest has been running for almost 8 hours - still no errors...
MikeC578

MikeC578

Memtest has been running for over 16 hours now - no errors... gonna update the BIOS after I let the program run until the full 24 hours has come and gone...
MikeC578

1 edit

MikeC578

Well - it ran for 24 hours - 7 complete passes... I then updated the BIOS to the latest version, opened Studio 16 and every other program I could - let it sit for about 50 minutes - no issues... then I started to edit some video on the timeline and BAM! BSOD. I've attached the latest Minidump file - any ideas?