site

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
This is a sub-selection from Just shut it down..

navalpatel

join:2003-07-28
Richardson, TX
reply to fiberguy

Re: Just shut it down..

While I'm sure a partial justification of the charge is to prevent an onslaught of calls and issues with these legacy iDen come June, it's more likely that Sprint saw the opportunity to milk these customers and they took it.

Customers using these devices (if in contract) should be able to cancel ETF free. At least Sprint is providing discounted devices as reported by others.

I agree that they should have waited until the date got closer before forcing migration. In addition, I think they're doing a tremendous disservice to these legacy customers by just shutting of large amounts of towers and leaving huge areas without any iDen service (already). ... plus I think the one year notice wasn't really sufficient for those customers that may use iDen for M2M, business, or governmental purposes.

xirian
Premium
join:2003-01-26
Beacon, NY
kudos:1
said by navalpatel:

While I'm sure a partial justification of the charge is to prevent an onslaught of calls and issues with these legacy iDen come June, it's more likely that Sprint saw the opportunity to milk these customers and they took it.

Customers using these devices (if in contract) should be able to cancel ETF free. At least Sprint is providing discounted devices as reported by others.

I agree that they should have waited until the date got closer before forcing migration. In addition, I think they're doing a tremendous disservice to these legacy customers by just shutting of large amounts of towers and leaving huge areas without any iDen service (already). ... plus I think the one year notice wasn't really sufficient for those customers that may use iDen for M2M, business, or governmental purposes.

Its probably more that the people have been ignoring their offers for upgrades and they're hoping that they're be angry enough to call in when they see this $10 charge so they can offer to remove it if they accept an offer for a free iphone/android phone/etc.

Is anyone on nextel still on a contract? Its been known that its been coming to an end for a while, the idea that someone would actually buy a nextel phone on contract recently enough to be in contract is a bit disturbing.