kudos:2
Reviews:
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

reply to kickass69

Re: It's that time of year again

Every residential ISP oversubscribes. It's the nature of the business. I wouldn't imagine it being cost-effective to reserve a certain amount of bandwidth for each customer at the current customer price points. Cablevision might be one of the fewer ISPs offering unlimited, un-metered service but that doesn't mean it costs them any less to provide that.

I'm just saying that they need to keep in check those abusing the local pipe. I'm aware of my generous upload speed capability, doesn't mean that I'm willingly going to use it all the time disregarding the potential impact on everyone else.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
Upload speeds that low in the past, have to the best of my knowledge, not been due to congestion. I assume you have posted in the direct forum. When they occurred to me a year or 2 ago, they managed to fix it pretty fast after I posted in that forum.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
I've been taking the wait-and-see approach. I know it will eventually go away. But if it doesn't in a couple days, I will post there.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
Well, I rarely upload so I did not care as I was still seeing good download speeds (I only have standard). It went on for weeks before I posted. It was cleared up within 2 days after I posted.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
I clocked in 48/7 just now, right around the time frame when the slowdown was happening. Guess it's fixed.

Woo yay