Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mudir007

join:2004-02-09
Wynne, AR
reply to Ernest House

Re: ADSL Filters and other Prep for Self Install

Sounds about right for AT&T. They have some brilliant minds running it all, but hire dumbasses to implement/repair/diagnose/serve the customer.

I did a self install from dsl elite 6mb to uverse 12 mb. Was going to even get a 100$ gift card.

For the first month my dsl would resync 2 times a day. ATT decided to downgrade me to 6mb uverse because the line wasn't stable at the higher tier.

Well. that stopped me from getting my 100$ gift card. I had to run through hoops and associate my direct tv with my u verse for the 100$ they owed me.

There is a reason why they are the worst for customer service.

I would just go without internet untill the uverse was hooked up.

With their track record.. you know that they will put you back on DSL.

Ernest House
Premium
join:2008-08-17
Boca Raton, FL
I called T-Mobile and they saturday delivery overnighted a USB 4G device. I had my whole house network running on it before lunchtime saturday.

Meanwhile, over the weekend, to their credit, after many calls to support, AT&T support escalated my case to what they called the highest level. This morning, I got a call saying they reinstated my DSL account and after an hour of working through a very slow registration, I had DSL service again.

Right now, my 3MBS DSL connects at 1920. AT&T said they'd work on it to get it better.

I also re-ordered UVERSE and they said they will install it next Tuesday. What kind of performance from the 12 MBS service can I expect?

Ernest House
Premium
join:2008-08-17
Boca Raton, FL
EPILOG: Installation by a tech named Rick went smooth as could be. I'm getting 11.3 down and 1.4 up. Suttle is still inline. The modem comes with filters.

The AT&T process is awful. I have 3 UVERSE modems:
1) The original
2) One for the rescheduled order
3) Some unknown order presumably leftover from the original botched order

LOL... we'll see what the billing turns out being and maybe I won't be laughing.