pulp46
Premium
join:2003-01-28

1 edit

[WIN7] HotspotShield has detected an internal error

I've uninstalled and rebooted and re-installed countless times:

HotspotShield has detected an internal error:
Fix It Now:
There was an error during installation of ${PRODUCT_TITLE}. Please run installer again.

Any ideas on what else I could try?

WIN7 Home Premium

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13

Did you try re downloading the installer?

Cudni

pulp46
Premium

said by Cudni:

Did you try re downloading the installer?

Absolutely.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
Someshire
reply to pulp46

is there a similar issue when installing any other app?

Cudni

pulp46
Premium

Nope. First time I've ever encountered this probby.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
Someshire
reply to pulp46

did you try disabling whatever security software you have in case it is blocking it. Also did you try to install with admin privileges?

Cudni

pulp46
Premium

I didn't try disabling security yet. I'm on my iP5, away from home until tomorrow. Will follow up, thanks Cudni!

pulp46
Premium
reply to Cudni

Well, that unfortunately, didn't work. Very weird!

pulp46
Premium
reply to Cudni

Elite asked me to do the following:

Please follow these steps:
1. Open regedit (Start -> Run -> "regedit" -> Enter)

2. For 32 bit, go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HotspotShield

For 64 bit, go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HotspotShield

3. Rename the key (folder) to anything else (e.g. rename "HotspotShield" to "HotspotShield1")

4. Run the Hotspot Shield Installer again.

That also made no difference, same error message. Maybe I should delete all reference of hotspot shield, from the registry?

pulp46
Premium

1 recommendation

reply to Cudni

Working now! I tried the second link to re-DL the installer and it worked.

hopeful

@enitel.net.ni

I got same problem..... did you actually change the registry , or did you uninstall and re-install from a differennt link?

awahaya

join:2012-12-12
reply to pulp46

I'm having the exact same problem and reinstalled the program multiple times (from different downloads) but no results. I even installed an old version (1.54) but the program won't work. I did the registry thing mentioned but still no fix. Tried installing with the anti-virus turned off and in "run as administrator" mode but all didn't solve it.

I used the program for a long time but this is the only time it keeps giving me the error "There was an error during installation of ${PRODUCT_TITLE}. Please run installer again." .

If anyone know a solution please help. Thanks.

pulp46
Premium
reply to hopeful

Yes guys, I did change the Registry name like mentioned above. That didn't immediately work, however, once I used the second link Elite provided, success! Probably have to do both.

Important: contact the Elite via their email support. The links they give are different than on website. Oh, and clear cache, reboot etc...

Good luck!

hopeful

@enitel.net.ni

I am using the free one with all the adds... no credit card, no credit...no existance. however despite the loss of screen space and other minor irritations expected from a free thing, it had worked flawlessly for 3 months. Then 2 days ago,, this error. I did uninstall and reinstall from a different link and it worked YES... today the problem mysteriously returned like the reak of a virus. Try uninstall, reboot, re-install from fresh DL lin... I guess. Or find another anono surf system. Anyone else with this ghost?

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3
reply to pulp46

I tried to install this yesterday. I got a borked installation. Couldn't open the program ("openvpntray.exe is missing or has been moved"). The plugin for firefox didn't do or start anything. And then, to top it off, I tried to uninstall it and the uninstaller "couldn't be found". I had to manually go through and delete everything (most of which were pointing to nowhere).

Disappointed, I wanted to try this. They need to fix something badly. No help on the website either. Blech.....
--
The Alien in the White House

19,994 DEADLY TERROR ATTACKS SINCE 9/11

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
Warwick, NY
reply to pulp46

What second link?

pulp46
Premium

When you requested Help via email, Elite provides 2 links to DL the proggy. The second one worked.

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
Warwick, NY
reply to pulp46

Ahh, I see. And you can't post an .exe here, dang. Oh well....I was trying to try out the free version, no big deal I guess.

pulp46
Premium

1 edit

»www.spotflux.com/

Free and works well too!

»download.cnet.com/Spotflux/3000-···054.html

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
Warwick, NY