share rss forum feed

SueS
Premium
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to EGeezer

Re: [Help] Sizing images, borders, mats, frames?

While I was out today looking at frames, I was surprised to see frames in formats that fit photos straight from our cameras. No cropping needed. I was at the local discount store.

Acrylic photos are another choice to think about. They come with the hanger or stand on the back. No frames needed.

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric
In addition to the handy border printing tip from 29886823 See Profile, I found a nice site with some instructional information on the process of sizing, mounting etc. ;

»www.framedestination.com/

Most of my images are 4:3, 3:2 5:4, 2:1 images and high enough resolution to print 12" long side. Finding pleasing mat and frame sizes for the various proportions is the next challenge.

As expensive as frames can get, I'm considering just a mat and backing for images to sell. I have interest form a local coffee shop to consign some of my wildllfe and local scenes. That keeps the purchase price down and allows the buyer to choose a frame to her personal taste and decor.

I'll have to check out the big box stores to see what they have in the way of frames. Someone also suggested shopping the local second hand stores and thrift shops for frames.
--
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

SueS
Premium
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO
kudos:2

1 recommendation

To sell photos I suggest a white mat, and if you decide to frame some of them a simple black frame works great.

Hope you are successful!