Donut
join:2005-06-27
Romulus, MI
·Comcast XFINITY
Netgear CM1000
Synology RT2600ac

Donut

can not pull up modem dianostic page

I have an Arris tm602g. For the past few months I have lost access to the diagnostic page. I like to log in every once in a blue moon to keep an eye on my signals and make sure things are hunky dorry. I thought I read some thing some where about a firmware update that caused this issue, I figure they would have fixed it by now. Any insight in to this?
rendrenner
join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI

rendrenner

what does it say when you tried? Is there a router in the mix?

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Just as an FYI, I had an Arris TM402P that had that problem. When I would go to the diagnostic page (192.168.100.1), it would just time out. It was that way for months.

However, on the 8th of October, it just started working.

I just recently upgraded that modem to a D3 (Arris TM722G/CT), and the diagnostic page still comes up without a problem.

As far as I know, it was a firmware issue. I don't know what the plan was to roll that out to the effective hardware. You may want to ping NetDog See Profile, as he was the one I was working with at the time. I also told him the day it started working, and he seemed really excited about it.

--Brian

Donut
Romulus, MI

Donut to rendrenner

to rendrenner
Yes there is a router in the mix. But Ive always been able to connect to the page with the router in the mix. When I attempt to go to the page it just times out.
rendrenner
join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI

rendrenner

Cisco router by chance?
Try it without the router, see if it works.

Donut
Romulus, MI

Donut

Nope. A Dlink DIR 835 Dual Band 750 N Router. But if I get a chance tomorrow Ill try it with out the router.

backfeed
is giving feedback
join:2002-12-16
Peru, IN

backfeed to Donut

to Donut
There is a Comcast forum regarding this, when the WAN side goes into IP v6 mode, the status page stops working. So far the only answer has been to get a D3 compatible modem. Here is the link to the thread in the discussion....
»forums.comcast.com/t5/Ba ··· #M164858
Hope this helps...

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

NetDog

Premium Member

said by backfeed:

There is a Comcast forum regarding this, when the WAN side goes into IP v6 mode, the status page stops working. So far the only answer has been to get a D3 compatible modem. Here is the link to the thread in the discussion....
»forums.comcast.com/t5/Ba ··· #M164858

Everyone is correct this is a known bug, it is odd that some people can get it to work. We have tested it the way plencnerb had it working but I couldnt recreate it. And yes it is when the D2 Arris modem has the DOCSIS/management interface in v6 mode that the issue comes up. Arris is working on the issue, but no ETR on it yet.

Donut
Romulus, MI

Donut

Thanks for the reply.
boontonflyer
join:2004-07-05
Somerset, NJ

boontonflyer to NetDog

to NetDog
Had same problem in NJ (no access to modem page when IPV6 was implemented). Problem resolved when Comcast sent me a D3 Modem (Arris TMS 722g). Now have access to modem pages again.

Paul