Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

goldrush

join:2012-11-30
New Haven, IN
reply to Hank

Re: Frontier trying to get more money again

Have FIOS in Fort Wayne in a two year contract until mid January 2013. Got my latest bill Wednesday and internet service went up $1.00; so I called customer service (said he was in Washington state) to ask why and how can you increase when I am under contract until mid January. After putting me on hold to research, rep comes back on line and says he doesn't know why the $1.00 increase. He says he will credit bill and I should check next months bill and call back if it is still not correct. At least I got the credit, but I will be watching them. With the contract end coming up I may have to switch to Comcast-really don't want to deal with Comcast again, but I have had other increases from Frontier since they bought from Verizon.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 edit
Very interesting goldrush. Not sure what is exactly what is going on. It was interesting that when an individual posted in this forum he was looking to purchase Frontier service the regional GM responded to him. It would certainly be helpful if they responded in kind to post such as yours. Probably improve their image a bit.

whenthepawn

join:2012-06-22
Martin, TN
reply to goldrush
said by goldrush:

Have FIOS in Fort Wayne in a two year contract until mid January 2013. Got my latest bill Wednesday and internet service went up $1.00; so I called customer service (said he was in Washington state) to ask why and how can you increase when I am under contract until mid January. After putting me on hold to research, rep comes back on line and says he doesn't know why the $1.00 increase.

So, they're increasing Internet service by $1.00 whether you're under contract or not, such as in my case.

The agent in my local office also said that Frontier should've sent me a letter notifying me of the increase. She also said if I hadn't received such a letter, a notice about the increase should've appeared on the previous bill (before the increase).

Needless to say, they did neither of those things, which makes me think they're just increasing the price of their Internet service because they can. I also assume that their CSRs haven't been told what they should say to customers who notice the increase.