join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric

[CallCentric] Callcentric customer credit extended to 7 DEC 2012

per email received today

Valued Customer,

First and foremost we want to say THANK YOU for you choosing Callcentric for your service needs.

Earlier this month we sent you a letter that had a link to opt-in for our Service Credit Claim program. This program was created as a thank you to our customers who stayed with us through thick and thin; and as part of this program we will be extending a 50% service credit for any monthly billable service items that were on your account during the month of October (Oct 1, 2012 to Oct 31, 2012).

The claim period was supposed to expire today (11/30/12); however we want to make sure that we provide you with as much opportunity as possible to take advantage of this program.

With this in mind we will be extending the Service Credit Claim period an additional week, so you will now have until 12/7/2012, to submit your claim request!

In order to redeem your service credit, all you need to do is submit a claim via the following page: my.callcentric.com/NovemberRedemption.php

All valid claim requests will be processed within the month of December and your account will be automatically credited prior to your next billing cycle.

We fully understand that having issues with your phone service affects each of our customers' lives differently and that it would be impossible to offer a resolution that completely satisfies everyone. We do hope that our offering helps to illustrate our unwavering commitment to our customers and displays our sincere intent to continually grow and improve.

We understand that when it comes to phone service that you have a choice, and we THANK YOU for choosing Callcentric.

Sincerely,

The Callcentric Management Team

--
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

hardly
Premium
join:2004-02-10
USA

2 recommendations

Re: [CallCentric] Callcentric customer credit extended to 7 DEC

I requested the credit with the following stipulation:

Only process this request if you can donate the credit amount to Hurricane Sandy relief charity/charities. Thank you.

cell14

join:2012-01-04
Miami Beach, FL
Reviews:
·localphone.com

1 recommendation

reply to EGeezer

Apparently, not all customers are valued. I never received such an e-mail and last time I tried to check out that claim form it was not available to me. Off course, I could now spend 6 hours of my time fighting with the CS about a minimal refund I and I probably would get it. Indeed, I wish they would have donated it to the worst hit flood victims.
Great PR once again

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric

1 recommendation

said by cell14:

... Off course, I could now spend 6 hours of my time fighting with the CS about a minimal refund I and I probably would get it. ...

If you click on the link in the email, it takes you to the login screen. Once you login to your account, you'll be taken to the refund form. If that fails, it won't take you six minutes to open a ticket with the issue, let alone six hours.
--
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2
reply to cell14

said by cell14:

Apparently, not all customers are valued. I never received such an e-mail

Is there a possibility that the CallCentric e-mail went directly into the spam folder?

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

1 recommendation

Or maybe he no longer is a paying customer. The refund is designed to be a credit on the next bill.

---------------------------------

And not related at all is the observation by the ABC-TV show "20/20" this evening that being nice to a business compared to being a PITA, makes a huge difference.

Gee who woulda guessed.

They pointed out that if a big Manhattan hotel considers someone a PITA, they'll put that person into room 1212. That's because all over the hotel, guests making local phone calls and forgetting to dial [9] for an outside line, will start to dial 1-212 and those calls will all go to Room 1212.

Adjust as appropriate, eg Room 1312 (1-312) for the PITA room in a Chicago hotel....

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2

said by PX Eliezer7:

They pointed out that if a big Manhattan hotel considers someone a PITA, they'll put that person into room 1212. That's because all over the hotel, guests making local phone calls and forgetting to dial [9] for an outside line, will start to dial 1-212 and those calls will all go to Room 1212.

Ouch!

ConstantineM

join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA
reply to PX Eliezer7

Room 1212 in Manhattan must be popular indeed!

said by PX Eliezer7:

They pointed out that if a big Manhattan hotel considers someone a PITA, they'll put that person into room 1212.

Are you sure 1212 would be the room for a PITA? Who would room 1646 be for, then?

On a serious note, this is a great idea, and next time I'm in Lower Manhattan, I'll be asking for room 1212, provided it's on an upper floor and has windows facing east, of course! Sounds like a great way to meet new people and a fun pastime, too, plus I'm sure it's not against hotel policies to disconnect all the phones in the room for the night! (Granted, that might be difficult in a big hotel, they usually have three phones in each suite, including a corded phone in the bathroom (who would have thought?).)

P.S. I did get both emails from CallCentric. Since there's no option to put the money towards a second redundant location, I'll be requesting a refund once I "recollect my password", provided it won't be too late.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

said by ConstantineM:

I'll be requesting a refund once I "recollect my password", provided it won't be too late.

Why not use the "Lost Password" function?

»www.callcentric.com/forgot_pass.php

It's fairly simple, I am sure that you can do it.

Doing is better than declaiming.

cell14

Miami Beach, FL
Reviews:
·localphone.com

1 recommendation

reply to PX Eliezer7

said by PX Eliezer:

Or maybe he no longer is a paying customer. The refund is designed to be a credit on the next bill.

---------------------------------

And not related at all is the observation by the ABC-TV show "20/20" this evening that being nice to a business compared to being a PITA, makes a huge difference.

Adjust as appropriate, Room 1312 (1-312) for the PITA room in a Chicago hotel....

Actually, I am still a paying customer and no, I am not bothering them.So no reasons for questionable remarks
Only I already went through hoops for a minimal refund and i will not do it again. It is not worth my time or aggravation.
They should have issued automatic full refund to everyone for a month of nonexistent or very unreliable service or just use it for storm relief. IMO this is a no brainer. Apparently, they still have a bunch to learn in a certain department.
We as customers are not married to a company. We stay, as long as it makes sense, with or without refunds etc and leave when it does not. that simple. Mentioning it here I am not trying to trash them, rather to help them. Neither am I trying to participate in another 350 post long Callcentric thread. It is all not THAT important.

lap2

join:2012-04-01

4 edits
reply to EGeezer

I am in the same situation -- I didn't get that email or the one before it, but I won't bother asking for a refund as I am paying very small amount per month.
However, as a paying customer (regardless of the amount that I pay) for quite some time, I am disappointed for not being included. Perhaps there was a threshold for offering a refund.

Edit: based on PX Eliezer's posts below it appears that I am eligible for a refund; and based on Iscream's post it is possible that the email was rejected by the mail server (I have SPAM filtering disabled, but don't have a control over the email server).
Whatever the reason for not receiving the email, I won't bother asking for a refund as I am a light user and wasn't affected a lot by Callcentric's problems.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

4 edits

said by lap2:

I am in the same situation -- I didn't get that email nor the one before it, but I won't bother asking for a refund as I am paying very small amount per month.

However, as a paying customer (regardless of the amount that I pay) [and] for quite some time, I am disappointed for not being included.

Perhaps there was a threshold for offering a refund.

Same here.

I got neither email, but I'm not prepared to chase them over a couple of bucks or so, and besides, though I am currently cash-poor, it will not break me for them to keep it.

But for the theory and tech part of things :

My email provider's SP@M filter is letting their other emails thru, as well as many unsolicited ones from .ru and other far away domains (which I do NOT want), so it's safe to say that they are not being filtered at MY end.

I don't know the reason for our exclusion (and there seem to be plenty more folks who were), but regardless, this fits the recent 'profile' that customer communcations in general from CallCentric are NOT optimum - Except for their BILLING engine.

ConstantineM

join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA
reply to lap2

Do you have any kind of subscription, or are you simply paying for outgoing minutes (and possibly E911)? Do you receive any emails monthly from CallCentric, with subjects such as, "Re-billing soon", "Transaction receipt" and "Statement #"?

I only have a 5,95 USD/mo DDI as far as paid monthly services go, and I did receive both emails about refunds, and I do receive emails with titles as above. I don't think people who don't have any automatically-billed services are supposed to get any kind of refund; I think only prepaid subscription services are meant to be refunded.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

said by ConstantineM:

Do you have....

I have all of those things (including a regular DID) and do receive those other emails.

lap2

reply to ConstantineM

said by ConstantineM:

Do you have any kind of subscription, or are you simply paying for outgoing minutes (and possibly E911)? Do you receive any emails monthly from CallCentric, with subjects such as, "Re-billing soon", "Transaction receipt" and "Statement #"?

I only have a 5,95 USD/mo DDI as far as paid monthly services go, and I did receive both emails about refunds, and I do receive emails with titles as above. I don't think people who don't have any automatically-billed services are supposed to get any kind of refund; I think only prepaid subscription services are meant to be refunded.

Yes, I have a subscription and I am getting these emails (added that in my Edit concerning possible SPAM filtering). Otherwise there would be nothing to refund

cell14

Miami Beach, FL
Reviews:
·localphone.com

I was sure from day one that there was a threshold for refunds(and possibly discrimination based on account type) since it did not even allow me to get to the refund form.
All of which would be a non issue if they bothered to spell out the refund policy.
Customer communication is the Achilles heel of this company and the experience from the storm has not changed that yet.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

Here is the relevant information:

Frequently Asked Questions/Terms and Conditions

Q: Who qualifies for this service credit?

A: This credit is available for customers who have maintained active Callcentric accounts from on/before November 1, 2012 until current AND that have any of the following services STILL active on them:

Outbound - North America 500, North America 1000, North America Residential, World Select Residential

Inbound - Pay Per Minute DID(s), Toll-Free DID(s), Personal Unlimited DID(s), Office Unlimited DID(s), Service Provider Unlimited DID(s), International Unlimited DID(s), Additional Inbound Channels

Q: I only use Callcentric service for one of the following; IP Freedom, E911, Outbound Pay Per Call; am I eligible for a service credit?

A: No, to be eligible for this service credit you need to have maintained ANY of the following Monthly Billable Services through the Month of October 2012 AND any one of the following items NEEDS TO STILL BE ACTIVE (not cancelled) on your account at the time that we are issuing the credit: North America 500, North America 1000, North America Residential, World Select Residential, Pay Per Minute DID(s), Toll-Free DID(s), Personal Unlimited DID(s), Office Unlimited DID(s), Service Provider Unlimited DID(s), International Unlimited DID(s), Additional Inbound Channels.

Iscream
Premium
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

2 recommendations

reply to lap2

It's hard to guess a right answer of why a particular customer had not received a particular e-mail.

The message contains a standard template (some may criticize it as "canned") text, without any specifics in it; it refers to a generic customer portal link - requiring to just login and claim the credit.

There were people who complained that they've not received our communication about DDoS, there are people - every month, who complain that they have not received our billing cycle notification (sent 7 days prior billing begins) nor they received 3 more times sent "funds not available" message during the billing cycle... Same people then cry loudly that why their products and services were cancelled after a new month has begun... yet they file complaints to FCC that their services have been interrupted... all instead of opening a ticket and resolve the matter within a few hours, without spending precious real-time on phone while maintaining a 100% log [called the trouble-ticket] of all posts and replies...

At the same time there are people who constantly complain about getting unsolicited messages and trying all their worst to "fool" our system from being able to send them further messages.

Just as an example - here is a message received from SPAMCOPS (one of unsolicited e-mail blocking databases) which required 3 hours of MY PERSONAL time to resolve the matter and to prove that we're not spammers or scammers and we don't try to lure people into our mousetrap (those are all words and characteristics given by different people when they report us to different organizations in their complaints). I must bring an attention of readers to the fact that SPAMCOPS don't have a notion of an "innocent until proved to be guilty" - they first blacklist an "offending" server then send out a message that you've been in violation of anti-spamming policies (that they imposed) and that now we've to prove that we're innocent.

This message was received just yesterday, after sending out that "extension for 7 days" e-mail (I've modified actual links in order to protect some privacy details):
[ SpamCop V4.6.2.001 ]
This message is brief for your comfort. Please use links below for details.

Email from 204.11.192.XXX / Fri, 30 Nov 2012 18:52:55 -0500
»www.spamcop.net/twqervc01=zzzzzz···1xxxxxxx

Spamvertised web site: »www.callcentric.com/
»www.spamcop.net/qwerty=0987tgb90···3zxdrfeb
»www.callcentric.com/ is 204.11.192.XXX; Sat, 01 Dec 2012 03:09:53 GMT

Spamvertised web site: »my.callcentric.com/NovemberRedemption.php
»www.spamcop.net/12345g=bgtdfsr08···mnbgsr45
»my.callcentric.com/NovemberRedemption.php is 204.11.192.XXX; Sat, 01 Dec 2012 03:09:53 GMT

[ Offending message ]
Return-Path:
Received: from xyz2.callcentric.com (xyz2.callcentric.com [204.11.192.XXX])
by fw.ieqsa.com.pe (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id ghUNqm07004354
for ; Fri, 30 Nov 2012 18:52:55 -0500
Received: from xyz2.callcentric.com (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
by xyz2.callcentric.com (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id hgUNrfCv0140fg
for ; Fri, 30 Nov 2012 23:53:41 GMT
Received: (from cc@localhost)
by xyz2.callcentric.com (8.13.8/8.13.8/Submit) id qhb4re2O014gh4;
Fri, 30 Nov 2012 23:53:40 GMT
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 23:53:40 GMT
Message-Id:
X-Authentication-Warning: xyz2.callcentric.com: cc set sender to no_reply@callcentric.com using -f
To: x
Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: An Important Message to our Valued Customers
X-IEQSA-MailScanner-Information: Please contact the ISP for more information
X-IEQSA-MailScanner-ID: qAUNqm07004300
X-IEQSA-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-IEQSA-MailScanner-SpamCheck: spam, SpamAssassin (no almacenado,
puntaje=5.545, requerido 3.3, BAYES_50 0.80, HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_24 1.62,
HTML_MESSAGE 0.00, MIME_HTML_ONLY 0.72,
TVD_PH_BODY_ACCOUNTS_PRE 2.39, T_REMOTE_IMAGE 0.01)
X-IEQSA-MailScanner-SpamScore: sssss
X-IEQSA-MailScanner-From: no_reply@callcentric.com

BODY,TABLE,TR,TD { font-size: 10pt; font-family: verdana; color: black; }

Valued Customer,

First and foremost we want to say THANK YOU for you choosing Callcentric for your service needs.

Earlier this month we sent you a letter that had a link to opt-in for our Service Credit Claim program. This program was created as a thank you to our customers who stayed with us through thick and thin; and as part of this program we will be extending a 50% service credit for any monthly billable service items that were on your account during the month of October (Oct 1, 2012 to Oct 31, 2012).

The claim period was supposed to expire today (11/30/12); however we want to make sure that we provide you with as much opportunity as possible to take advantage of this program.

With this in mind we will be extending the Service Credit Claim period an additional week, so you will now have until 12/7/2012, to submit your claim request!

In order to redeem your service credit, all you need to do is submit a claim via the following page: my.callcentric.com/NovemberRedemption.php

All valid claim requests will be processed within the month of December and your account will be automatically credited prior to your next billing cycle.

We fully understand that having issues with your phone service affects each of our customers' lives differently and that it would be impossible to offer a resolution that completely satisfies everyone. We do hope that our offering helps to illustrate our unwavering commitment to our customers and displays our sincere intent to continually grow and improve.

We understand that when it comes to phone service that you have a choice, and we THANK YOU for choosing Callcentric.

Sincerely,

The Callcentric Management Team

--
Este mensaje ha sido analizado por MailScanner.

To ConstantineM ->
"P.S. I did get both emails from callcentric. Since there's no option to put the money towards a second redundant location, I'll be requesting a refund once I "recollect my password", provided it won't be too late."

My records show that you've been logged into your WEB account two weeks ago - when having a trouble-ticket reclaiming your Free NY DID. (which, the ticket, had been resolved with "thank you" words from you to our guys). Have you lost your password since then?

If you don't like our service as much as all your posts (spanning during more than a year time) on these boards suggest you're certainly most welcome to move out to another service provider.

But, as my records show, you're getting some services from us that NO OTHER provider in the world seem to be able to provide you with.

And I stand behind those words! If you can give a permission for some disclosure - I'd be happy to explain the audience - why those certain services are not or wouldn't be available with other providers.

Yet, [despite your numerous "thank you!" in your trouble-tickets] you manage to cause a very sensitive pain and damage to the reputation (sure - coupled with financial losses as well!) of the very company providing you with those personalized services...

Would you do the same in your parents house? to your relatives or friends? Then why, on Earth, are doing it to us? (B/w - as I could see - you behave the same, non-gracious way to your another provider of quite personalized services - OnSIP).

Haven't your parents explained you of why you shall not spit in a dwell you're drinking from? What about elementary gratitude to people serving your needs? What about elementary trust (if you cannot prove otherwise because of lack of information and technical/economical knowledge) to what they say?

You appear to be quite a smart and well [although still in progress] educated man - then why so much of your personal assurance [nihilism?], personal "stamping" of your own vision - all instead of trying to read more of specialized literature and trying to find out about certain principles when they're not yet known to you? (I've seen you asking questions on those boards - even the way you "ask" - causes most people to avoid your "threads").

It had been many times explained of WHY we (Callcentric) until now, despite being 11 years in business in general and 8 years - in retail, cannot have a 2nd, fully identical (cloned) site for all our operations.

Yet, instead of trying to contact us, or to me personally (the way many other DSLR members have it done) and ask more questions - you attempt to "nail" something which doesn't even exist... while totally ignoring explanations offered by other members and [obviously] distrusting my own very detailed report... Is it currently a common behavior of all [young] people, who can afford to study abroad, far away from your homeland? You and I - we both speak the same native language, but apparently - using totally different basic definitions, words and meanings behind those words...

Thank you.

lap2

1 edit

said by Iscream:

It's hard to guess a right answer of why a particular customer had not received a particular e-mail.

Thanks for taking the time to post here.

I updated one of my previous posts; based on PX Eliezer's post it seems that I am eligible for a refund, but I won't bother asking for refund as being a light user, I wasn't affected a lot by the problems. Obviously YMMV.

As for not receiving the email, I have the SPAM filter for that account disabled, but it is possible that it was still somehow rejected by the mail provider, but I can't say what happened as I don't have control over the email server. It is possible that the statement/billing emails go through as these are different for the different customers, but a canned email would get rejected by the mail server.

Iscream
Premium
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

Yes, I'm almost certain that it had been rejected by an upstream e-mail provider or even by your own ISP if either of them uses SPAMCOPs or similar e-mail server{s} blacklisting "service".

B/w - SPAMCOPs is not the worst one - they, at least, let their "victims" know that their IP addresses were blacklisted in the SPAMCOPs database. Many other "spam protectors" don't even bother to notify a network to being "blacklisted".

Unfortunately, many ISPs, organizations and even private individuals - all who have their own e-mail servers setup to transparently verify each incoming e-mail against blacklisting databases (a free, uncontrolled and unmanned service) - would lose messages sent from us after an "abuse report" (see my previous message) was processed by a "spam protector" (which is a fully automated procedure) and until the time someone from "accused" network had the issue resolved (this is why it's so important to jump immediately on the issue and spend one's personal time resolving it).

The situation is absolutely ridiculous and unavoidable for most service providers - each day one or another "dumb" spam protector, silently or by sending a message to us, blacklist our servers in their databases. The rest just depends on a blacklisting database used by certain ISP, organization or individual. Believe it or not - many organizations use _multiple_ blacklisting databases - because they are free... their users don't even know that they might have lost certain important message. Sure, it blocks some SPAM too...

Yes, you're apparently right about billing messages being personalized while this one was sent as "canned".

We'll think about what we can do there, in order to generate such a "canned" messages being coupled with some personal information in the body or in "subject" of the message (won't prevent people from reporting them to spam blacklisting DBs, but will provide some more options to receive it by other servers).

lap2

said by Iscream:

We'll think about what we can do there, in order to generate such a "canned" messages being coupled with some personal information in the body or in "subject" of the message (won't prevent people from reporting them to spam blacklisting DBs, but will provide some more options to receive it by other servers).

You could use specialized newsletter mail service such as MailChimp.com. Haven't tried one of these myself so I don't know if they work well, but they are designed exactly for that -- sending the same message to many people.

wcweaver
Premium
join:2002-02-22
Fort Myers, FL
reply to Iscream

Hey Iscream:

Has anyone receive the credit? I requested one as per the instructions but have not seen a credit. I even received a low balance e-mail and added funds to my account.

The deductions keep on going but no credit issued.

Iscream
Premium
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

No, no one yet received the credit.

As it was explained in our original message (you may want to re-read it) - we were collecting claim requests until end of November; now we'll process those claims and credits will be issued _prior_ next billing begins.

I'm apologizing if any part of our original message was unclear or could be misinterpreted.

Each claim has to be verified, approved and applied toward the account in question - this is a manual and laborious process. Unfortunately, it cannot be done automatically as some people here suggested. And it takes exactly the same amount of time and efforts to process a $1.95 claim or $500+ one.

Also, because many customers have multiple accounts where they might have issues logging into one or several of them; also some customers who rarely log into their accounts - there were lots of e-mails back to us asking to extend the period of collecting claims - therefore we've extended the period by one week, until (including) Dec. 7th 2012.

The processing of claims has already begun and, as promised, will be completed prior next billing cycle starts.

Thank you.

wcweaver
Premium
join:2002-02-22
Fort Myers, FL

Thank You Iscream.

My bad as I missed that part.

No big deal, but thank you for the customer service.

Bill

Iscream
Premium
New York, NY

I'm glad you asked. You're most welcome!

rblizz

join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to EGeezer

Yeah, I got it too. If I knew a nice way to say "What part of not wanting this refund don't you understand?" I would do it -- but any email would just cause them more work. At any rate, thanks, but no thanks. Keep it, recover (or, in my case, buy a few cups of coffee) and thanks for the good service.

rblizz

join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to PX Eliezer7

said by PX Eliezer7:

On Nortel PBXes you could program an add-on module to a phone without installing an add-on module, than program some of the busiest numbers to that phantom add-on module. Phone would ring constantly with no one on the line.

But, as a service tech, you'd be amazed at how particular I could be about the rules when a customer was being a jerk. Most of the time, if I went over on time by a bit, or they needed a quick name change or a phone moved, no problem. If they were jerks -- "Nope, got to get to my next stop, you'll have to call that in." Or, "I can do that, but the office makes me charge another half hour if I go over."

nonamesleft

join:2011-11-07
Manitowoc, WI
reply to EGeezer

Unfortunately I dumped them later in october, couldnt keep it with all the lost calls. Went to att, dumped them a little after 30 days, then went to cellcom and got the wireless home phone device.

switchback

join:2012-10-29
Harriman, TN

1 recommendation

I have had a DID - Pay Per Minute with CC since April 2010.

I receive two emails from them each month.
One called "Re-billing soon"
and one called "Transaction receipt"

I have not received any emails concerning DDOS attacks.

I did not receive an email offering a credit.

I did find the link for the credit thru this site and applied.

On Nov 26 2012 I received a Transaction receipt "DID - Pay Per Minute - Dec 01, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012 with current charges.

On Nov 30 2012 I received an email that my monthly statement had been posted to my account.

No sign of a customer credit as described in this thread.

Why have I and others not received the credit and DDOS emails?
If not for this site I would have never known.

Makes me question how many of CC's customers have been excluded
Like I have been. Wander why?

What percentage of CC’s customers read this site on a regular basis?

fukitol
Solon for President
Premium
join:2001-06-11
PonziWorld

1 recommendation

Yeah, this should have been purely automatic AND given to ALL who were customers during the problems.