join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Smokey Bear

Re: MSE fails AV-Test, loses certification

quote:
[...]Another security software testing organisation, Virus Bulletin, says Security Essentials’ performance is sufficient to justify its VB100 rating, which can only be attained by software that “prove[s] it can detect 100% of malware samples listed as 'In the Wild' by the WildList Organization” without generating any false positives.
Article fwiw

slajoh01

join:2005-04-23
If MSE fails this detection tests...then that leaves me wondering how well does the built-in Windows 7 firewall performs....

Thats why i dont trust any FREE security software for this matter...If you want real security software, go for the payed ones if you really want to protect your data.

But no security software is perfect. Remember, there are also insider threats, social engineering and etc....One can trick a person on to clicking on attachments and links in emails and so forth even if they spend 1000s of $$$ on security devices and software.

martg

join:2005-11-19
reply to siljaline
said by siljaline:

quote:
[...]Another security software testing organisation, Virus Bulletin, says Security Essentials’ performance is sufficient to justify its VB100 rating, which can only be attained by software that “prove[s] it can detect 100% of malware samples listed as 'In the Wild' by the WildList Organization” without generating any false positives.
Article fwiw

..and yet there's this Virus Bulletin chart that doesn't rate it as top notch:

»www.virusbtn.com/vb100/latest_co···ve/index