Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

1 recommendation

PX Eliezer704 to SCADAGeo

Premium Member

to SCADAGeo

Re: [CallCentric] Callcentric customer credit extended to 7 DEC

Or maybe he no longer is a paying customer. The refund is designed to be a credit on the next bill.

---------------------------------

And not related at all is the observation by the ABC-TV show "20/20" this evening that being nice to a business compared to being a PITA, makes a huge difference.

Gee who woulda guessed.

They pointed out that if a big Manhattan hotel considers someone a PITA, they'll put that person into room 1212. That's because all over the hotel, guests making local phone calls and forgetting to dial [9] for an outside line, will start to dial 1-212 and those calls will all go to Room 1212.

Adjust as appropriate, eg Room 1312 (1-312) for the PITA room in a Chicago hotel....
SCADAGeo
Premium Member
join:2012-11-08
N California

SCADAGeo

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer704:

They pointed out that if a big Manhattan hotel considers someone a PITA, they'll put that person into room 1212. That's because all over the hotel, guests making local phone calls and forgetting to dial [9] for an outside line, will start to dial 1-212 and those calls will all go to Room 1212.

Ouch!
ConstantineM
join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA

ConstantineM to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704

Room 1212 in Manhattan must be popular indeed!

said by PX Eliezer704:

They pointed out that if a big Manhattan hotel considers someone a PITA, they'll put that person into room 1212.

Are you sure 1212 would be the room for a PITA? Who would room 1646 be for, then?

On a serious note, this is a great idea, and next time I'm in Lower Manhattan, I'll be asking for room 1212, provided it's on an upper floor and has windows facing east, of course! Sounds like a great way to meet new people and a fun pastime, too, plus I'm sure it's not against hotel policies to disconnect all the phones in the room for the night! (Granted, that might be difficult in a big hotel, they usually have three phones in each suite, including a corded phone in the bathroom (who would have thought?).)

P.S. I did get both emails from CallCentric. Since there's no option to put the money towards a second redundant location, I'll be requesting a refund once I "recollect my password", provided it won't be too late.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by ConstantineM:

I'll be requesting a refund once I "recollect my password", provided it won't be too late.

Why not use the "Lost Password" function?

»www.callcentric.com/forg ··· pass.php

It's fairly simple, I am sure that you can do it.

Doing is better than declaiming.
cell14
join:2012-01-04
Miami Beach, FL

1 recommendation

cell14 to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704

said by PX Eliezer:

Or maybe he no longer is a paying customer. The refund is designed to be a credit on the next bill.

---------------------------------

And not related at all is the observation by the ABC-TV show "20/20" this evening that being nice to a business compared to being a PITA, makes a huge difference.

Adjust as appropriate, Room 1312 (1-312) for the PITA room in a Chicago hotel....

Actually, I am still a paying customer and no, I am not bothering them.So no reasons for questionable remarks
Only I already went through hoops for a minimal refund and i will not do it again. It is not worth my time or aggravation.
They should have issued automatic full refund to everyone for a month of nonexistent or very unreliable service or just use it for storm relief. IMO this is a no brainer. Apparently, they still have a bunch to learn in a certain department.
We as customers are not married to a company. We stay, as long as it makes sense, with or without refunds etc and leave when it does not. that simple. Mentioning it here I am not trying to trash them, rather to help them. Neither am I trying to participate in another 350 post long Callcentric thread. It is all not THAT important.
rblizz
join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX

rblizz to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

On Nortel PBXes you could program an add-on module to a phone without installing an add-on module, than program some of the busiest numbers to that phantom add-on module. Phone would ring constantly with no one on the line.

But, as a service tech, you'd be amazed at how particular I could be about the rules when a customer was being a jerk. Most of the time, if I went over on time by a bit, or they needed a quick name change or a phone moved, no problem. If they were jerks -- "Nope, got to get to my next stop, you'll have to call that in." Or, "I can do that, but the office makes me charge another half hour if I go over."