All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
osh787
join:2012-12-01
North York, ON

osh787

[Express] Fraudulent Rogers representative (Internet)

I called to cancel my Extreme Plus internet services last week. I was offered new 25Mbps Express with 300gb usage/month with 1 year contract.

Since then I was only getting 12Mbps & later I found out from tech support that I'm on 12Mbps plan.

Agent who I spoke with was called Dwayne, this guy scammed me to renew my contract for another year.

if he gave me true information saying it's 12Mbps with 300gb, I wouldn't have taken this crap plan

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

If you have an old Docsis 2 modem you will be stuck at 12Mbps.

Rogersfail
@rogers.com

Rogersfail to osh787

Anon

to osh787
This happened to us as well. Same scam, has nothing to do with DOCSIS 2 or 3, we had a DOCSIS 3 modem. The plan is actually a 12Mpbs 300GB plan and they lie to you about it.

You have a month cool off period when you accept a contract, if you are within that period you can simply cancel. If you are out of it, you can contact the CCTS and start a complaint to have your contract ended due to the deception of Rogers' CSR to you.

CyberCam
join:2008-04-21
Whitby, ON

CyberCam to osh787

to osh787
This is why I always record my calls with any CSR's or any other service company. It may seem that I'm paranoid, but it's helped me out many times when disputing any issues. I learned a long time ago, that you just can't get around the evidence when it's played back to you!

If you do choose to record your conversations, make sure you have them say;
- their name & repeat
- the date (very important)
- the deal or service agreement & repeat
- the timeline & repeat

Also, ask them are they sure of the solution & again repeat!

Follow these rules and you will have a leg to stand on when disputing an issue!

Cheers!
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by CyberCam:

If you do choose to record your conversations, make sure you have them say;
- their name & repeat
- the date (very important)
- the deal or service agreement & repeat
- the timeline & repeat

Also, ask them are they sure of the solution & again repeat!

Follow these rules and you will have a leg to stand on when disputing an issue!

Cheers!

Sadly, having names and dates will not protect you at all if the details are not noted on your account accurately by the representative. If you do not have a recording yourself, customers can always request a transcript of the call for free by writing to the privacy officer at Rogers.

Lastly this is another case of pure incompetence of call centre reps. I doubt any of these people deliberately lied to you. All the knowledgebase articles clearly indicate that the 300GB version of Express is only 12mbps. Unfortunately, a lot of reps just assume that everything labelled "Express" and in market is the same thing.

Johny
@rogers.com

Johny to osh787

Anon

to osh787
HMMMM, maybe this explains why im only getting 13 MBPS down and 0.5 UP.. what the hell
Johny

Johny

Anon

Just called and cancelled my plan.

They offered me 45 and 7 and 170GB. I said no, and left

Just a heads up for those in the same situation. I'll be moving to saavy or distrubutel