how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sachin Naik

join:2008-12-08
India

[XP64] What is this MS Agent actually like? I cant see it anywhe

Actually i was thinking of downloading BonziBuddy a software which is an animated character, a cartoon monkey playing all over your computer screen. It interacts with you, if you have a microphone, you can communicate with him, it can call out your name and do various stuff you wont believe.

But sadly this program was banned becoz it was also a part of adware (but people mistakenly call it a spyware). Would be still happy if i could get the link to download it but unfortunately i cant find it anywhere. Now it is safe to use because their servers are shut down therefore the monkey will only interact with you but wont connect to any server.

Now i am hearing that even MS provides such a type of program and it is called as MS Agent, the interesting thing is that i have downloaded it (of size around 1 MB) and installed it. And i cant see it anywhere. I mean when i go to my desktop, i cant see any animated character there. It is just nowhere

Can anyone please tell me what exactly is this MS Agent, i mean how do we activate it? and where do we find it in our computers

I use Windows XP 32bit

mjhouser
Premium
join:2001-10-06

Re: [XP64] What is this MS Agent actually like? I cant see it an

Here are some links -

»www.microsoft.com/products/msagent/main.aspx

»support.microsoft.com/kb/969168 (Hot Fix).

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Agent (some good general info).

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
reply to Sachin Naik

Sounds like Clippy gone wild

--
My place : »www.schettino.us

Sachin Naik

India
reply to mjhouser

said by mjhouser:

Here are some links -

Of course i have been to those links and i know very well about MS agents but my problem is that they do not appear even after installation, i of course installed even those core components, they just dont pop out in my PC

said by JohnInSJ:

Sounds like Clippy gone wild

Not exactly like Clippy, because Clippy works only in MS word but not on desktop and webpages, nor does clippy interact with user through voice speech recognition

mjhouser
Premium
join:2001-10-06

1 edit
reply to Sachin Naik

Sachin Naik

India

Finally Got It!

Finally i have understood why they were not popping out on my desktop

MS Agents work using a separate application, so i needed to download an application called as MASH, and the worst thing is that we have to design the script for the agent to work on our machine with the help of MASH, which is very time consuming, i think that is the reason many dont use it

but nothing to worry i got the BonzBuddy product back! I got their Peedy agent. We need not script it, it is pre-scripted by the developers itself, it can directly pop out on our desktop just after an installation and the installer is just of around 3MB, very happy with Peedy you can see it here