Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

Good riddance.

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk to funny0

to funny0
Flash games are downloaded on your PC first. So if it lags, there's a problem with your PC, not with the internet.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

Not necessarily but he didn't show his line stats, what site he's going to, what his PC specs are or even a speed test.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to funny0

Premium Member

to funny0
Because a flash game is laggy, if TSI doesn't fix it you want a refund to go elsewhere?

A flash game....... You say you're a hacker, yet lack the knowledge that this could very well be an issue with the site, the connection between you and only the site etc. Failed to mention if this happens everywhere or the one site.

It's like me blaming Rogers because my server in a data center in phoenix is slow :/

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to 34764170

to 34764170
I think you guys are missing the OP's point. People pay good money for these services. Money, for a lot of folks, doesn't grow on trees.

Most consumers don't know how or why the internet works. All people know is they pay an arm and a leg for a simple internet connection and they expect it to work at advertised speeds.

Thousands and thousands of us don't know/care about excuses, posting in the direct forum, the CCTC or anything else. Either our internet works or it don't. Plain and simple.

Picking apart a guys post solves nothing...Tackle the bigger issue.

ISPs that can't or won't deliver what they're paid to deliver...........all the excuses in the world don't mean beans when we pay for something we're not getting.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

elitefx, you have no idea who funny is do you? Based on your post, i highly doubt it, if you did.. you'd be singing a different tune, i promise you. Trust me, if the OP's history rings true, he's very knowledgable. Leave the politics out of this one and re-read the OPs post.
Bhruic
join:2002-11-27
Toronto, ON

Bhruic to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

Most consumers don't know how or why the internet works. All people know is they pay an arm and a leg for a simple internet connection and they expect it to work at advertised speeds.

Thousands and thousands of us don't know/care about excuses, posting in the direct forum, the CCTC or anything else. Either our internet works or it don't. Plain and simple.

ISPs that can't or won't deliver what they're paid to deliver...........all the excuses in the world don't mean beans when we pay for something we're not getting.

What a confusing post. You start off with people not knowing how the internet works. Ok, so we have people explaining how this might not be a problem with the internet. You then claim these are excuses, when again, it might not be the internet. And then you talk about how it's ISPs that aren't delivering what they're paid for when, again, it might not be the internet.

Before you start labelling things as excuses, perhaps you could take a look at the so-called "excuses". If you'd done so in this case, you'd realize they are no such thing, and wouldn't have made such a poorly thought out post.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by Bhruic:

said by elitefx:

What a confusing post. You start off with people not knowing how the internet works. Ok, so we have people explaining how this might not be a problem with the internet. You then claim these are excuses, when again, it might not be the internet. And then you talk about how it's ISPs that aren't delivering what they're paid for when, again, it might not be the internet.

Before you start labelling things as excuses, perhaps you could take a look at the so-called "excuses". If you'd done so in this case, you'd realize they are no such thing, and wouldn't have made such a poorly thought out post.

It's like anyone wants any opportunity to attack the relationship between wholesale and it's suppliers at every chance they can get even when it's irrelevant.

A post like that over a flash game with no line stats or further information to show anything but the possibility of a slow computer.

As a technician myself and the info the OP gave (or lack thereof) i'd immediately go to the computer not having the video card to play some of the more intensive flash based games. Based on the post i'd never have gone at an ISP. So instead some users find it useful to blame IISP's and so forth.

Easy target i guess :/

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx to Bhruic

to Bhruic
said by Bhruic:

..... and wouldn't have made such a poorly thought out post.

Victimize the victims. Blame the other guy. The check's in the mail. Criticize the post. Deflect the blame and avoid the issues......Yup, heard all that before

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by elitefx:

said by Bhruic:

..... and wouldn't have made such a poorly thought out post.

Victimize the victims. Blame the other guy. The check's in the mail. Criticize the post. Deflect the blame and avoid the issues......Yup, heard all that before

All this because a guys slow computer is laggy with flash based games? wow!

Based on your post, you're not knowledgable with computers or how the internet works. Let's make it simple. Your posts based on the OPs are more out of left field then even the original post.

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx to Tx

to Tx
said by Tx:

As a technician myself and the info the OP gave (or lack thereof) i'd immediately go to the computer not having the video card to play some of the more intensive flash based games. Based on the post i'd never have gone at an ISP. So instead some users find it useful to blame IISP's and so forth.

I think you're 1000% right BUT I think the OP just gave that as an example, right or wrong. Like i said previously, most folks expect to just turn on their rig and have the Internet working properly. They don't know any better. It's like the hydro, you plug something in and you expect it to work. You pay your bill and you expect Internet.

This blame game would go away if we could only learn to trust ISPs the way we trust Union Gas, Hydro One etc.Anyhoo.............
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

said by elitefx:

said by Tx:

I think you're 1000% right BUT I think the OP just gave that as an example, right or wrong. Like i said previously, most folks expect to just turn on their rig and have the Internet working properly. They don't know any better. It's like the hydro, you plug something in and you expect it to work. You pay your bill and you expect Internet.

This blame game would go away if we could only learn to trust ISPs the way we trust Union Gas, Hydro One etc.Anyhoo.............

Well maybe if OP called Teksavvy to troubleshoot first, then he'd would have a legitimate complain to do... Doing threats to cancel without even trying to fix the issue is obviously not going to fix anything.

Blame hydro because your electric plug in some random room doesn't work... yeah makes sense.
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510

said by kovy7:

said by elitefx:

said by Tx:

Well maybe if OP called Teksavvy to troubleshoot first, then he'd would have a legitimate complain to do... Doing threats to cancel without even trying to fix the issue is obviously not going to fix anything.

Blame hydro because your electric plug in some random room doesn't work... yeah makes sense.

Chronoss/Chronoss2009/funny is the last person to leave TekSavvy. He's threatened to leave something like 20 times in the last 4 years.

Anyway, back to the thread. It's POSSIBLE that if the game he's playing is a multiplayer game, then bad latency can screw things up, same with videos. But if it's a basic single player flash game, then I'd blame the computer. We don't have enough info.

So funny, what speed do you get on speedtest.net from the TS server in Toronto (or another one if you want).
Can we see your line stats? (Based on the long "building a new computer" thread, it seems that you'd either know how to check them, or easily have the capability to find out how)
Is this a recent computer? Have you checked it to find out if there's a ton of crap and/or malware running in the background?
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

I think you guys are missing the OP's point. People pay good money for these services. Money, for a lot of folks, doesn't grow on trees.

By this logic (ignoring possible issues beyond the ISP), if someone's power supply burst into flames he would be justified in coming onto these boards and blaming TSI. After all, his internet doesn't work now. He expects internet! He pays money!

And I wouldn't put it past some people.

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to funny0

to funny0
The OP is most likely 14 and clearly doesn't understand basic computing principles, let alone being a "hacker"
Bhruic
join:2002-11-27
Toronto, ON

Bhruic to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

You're a victim now? Because you made a dumb post? That's a bit of a stretch.

Blame the ISPs when they are responsible. Blaming the ISPs when they aren't responsible just makes you look foolish.