ashrc4
Premium
join:2009-02-06
australia

1 recommendation

reply to Blackbird

Re: MSE fails AV-Test, loses certification

said by Blackbird:

If you're going to browse anywhere and everywhere, clicking on whatever you see,..... whether you use MSE or some other AV will also matter little, because in the end, you'll get pwned regardless - sooner or later.

Perhaps they could install this on their "desktop" as a reminder of the inevitable.
»www.burnabrain.com/the-most-usel···ce-ever/

+4
--
Paradigm Shift beta test pilot. "Dying to defend one's small piece of suburb...Give me something global...STAT!

slajoh01

join:2005-04-23
I'm still wondering if since MSE got a low score as far as detection rates, then I would imagine the Win 7 firewall has a poor rating as well.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
said by slajoh01:

I'm still wondering if since MSE got a low score as far as detection rates, then I would imagine the Win 7 firewall has a poor rating as well.

Why would that reasoning necessarily follow? Most conventional AV depends on up-to-date signatures and how those are employed, at least to a major extent. A firewall depends on rules.
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville