RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1
reply to Streetlight

Re: Newest bill shows new fee - Convenience Fee

You gotta love it, you pay to give money. "Yo Jo, I wanna give you some money..Okay, it'll cost you 10 bucks though"
--

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

1 recommendation

said by RR Conductor:

You gotta love it, you pay to give money. "Yo Jo, I wanna give you some money..Okay, it'll cost you 10 bucks though"

All cable company's do this and most phone company's also, as far as I know. Isn't it just great, that they can invent ways to nickel and dime you to death?!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonk ··· amonkey/

aabaaf

join:2011-12-09
Wheaton, IL
reply to RR Conductor
You pay to give them $, because they have to pay the person who took your money. When that person could have been helping someone else, that truly needed help with getting their services working again. That's the thinking behind it.

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1
said by aabaaf:

You pay to give them $, because they have to pay the person who took your money. When that person could have been helping someone else, that truly needed help with getting their services working again. That's the thinking behind it.

It's just a way to make more money, plain and simple. Like activation fees with Cell Companies, if you ask them to explain why they are necessary, you get blank stares, but you know they are to make up for lost revenue from voice. I stay with local banks and credit unions because they don't feel the need to do things like this, sadly, most don't have this choice (myself included) when it comes to broadband.
--

travelguy

join:1999-09-03
Santa Fe, NM
Reviews:
·Callcentric
Exactly. Consider it a financial education incentive tax. There are always ways to pay that do not cost extra. Most banks offer free bill payment services. Unbanked? Pick up a free Bluebird account from American Express / Walmart. It offers free billpay as well. Alternate payment services offered by the biller are a convenience, not a necessity and are surcharged based on value to you, not what it costs to provide.

DGDTrathole

join:2000-05-07
Newmarket, NH
reply to cork1958
son got me thinking the other day....

hey dad, your the man in the middle....
huh???
ya, you work, then you sit down each month
and pay all these bills and do it for free...
huh???
dad...just have your company send all your bills
in each month and give you what's left over.....

ya right....but I said hey....that's an opportunity....
for every bill I have to send in each month...attach a
bill for my service of paying the bill and deduct it from what
the bill is....

every time they go up on their bill, raise my rate to spend
the time paying the bill....maybe I can play their game of
nickel and dime us all the time...!!!LOL